Chapter 77: The Darkest Crevasses

Zane's POV:

I woke up this morning and felt the sun shining on my face. I opened my eyes and looked at the corner of the wall I was facing. I began to think about that dream or vision I had yesterday. Actually, if I were to think back on everything we did, a ton of stuff happened in just a few months. I brought my thoughts back to the dream. I sat up in bed and took my phone off the night table beside my bed. I turned it on and searched through my contacts.

I sighed out as I found the number I was looking for. I pressed the call button, heard the ringing, and then began waiting for her to pick up.

"G-Good morning?", a sleepy voice came from the other side of the call.

"Hey Kim, sorry about waking you up. I can call later if you want-", I began but Ghost cut me off.

"Not a problem! We were up from a long time ago actually!", she said.

"Umm..., okay then...", I said as I got out of bed and went over to my closet to pick out some clothes.

"Ugh, Ghost.", Kim mumbles.

"Anyway, what seems to be the problem?", she asked.

"I, uhh..., wanted to ask you about something. Or well, I wanted to ask..., Ghost about something.", I said hesitating to say the last parts.

"WE'LL BE RIGHT THERE!", Ghost's voice shouted.

"Gah!", I said pulling the phone away from my ear, "Just don't be too loud, okay? Laurance and Garroth are still sleeping.

"Ghost!", Kim scolded, "Don't worry, we'll be there in about five minutes."

"Thanks.", I said then hung up.

"What have I gotten myself into?", I thought aloud.

I went into the bathroom outside the hall to freshen up and put on my clothes. I then went downstairs and made a bowl of cereal and began waiting for Kim and Ghost to come. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and when I looked behind me Garroth was there behind my chair.

"Oh hey.", I said getting from my seat.

I'm guessing he's hungry, but what do I give him. What am I saying? I'll just make pancakes or whatever. I rubbed his head and went over to the stove and began to make plain pancakes. I up them on a plate then put it on the floor and he began to eat them.

"Ding! Dong!", the doorbell rang.

I went to answer it and was greeted by Kim-I mean, Ghost...

"Hi Zane!", Ghost said.

"Hey.", I said and gestured her in and she sat on the couch. Garroth finished eating and sat beside the chair Ghost was in. I sat in the same couch as her but on the right side.

"So, what did you want to talk about?", she asked.

"I..., had a dream type of thing yesterday with Alina in it. And I wanted to-"

"Hold your horses right there. If you're wondering if you should trust what the vison is saying then yes, you should.", she cut me off.

"Ghost, you could at least have let him finish.", Kim said.

"Sorry. What was it about?", Ghost asked.

I told them about the vision when I saw Irene, Alina and after we went through the portal.

"What is so hard in believing that what you saw is true?", Ghost asked.

"I-I don't know...", I responded.

I thought back again to what I saw there. Somethings didn't make sense. As I tried to make sense of it I felt another headache and I held my head.

"You ok Zane?", Ghost asked.

I shook my head.

"Hold on, I'm going to try something.", she said.

I looked up for a second and Garroth had a look of concern in his eyes and Ghost had stood up in Kim body.

Ghost's POV:

I got up from the couch in Kim's body. I had an idea.

"What are you going to do Ghost?", Kim asked through her mind.

"I'm going to enter Zane's body."

"WHAT!? You're going to possess him?!", she shrieked.

"What, no... fine... yes.", I said, "But, it's only to see what's going on."

"F-fine, but no funny business.", she said.

"Okay.", I agreed.

I closed my eyes and felt myself leave Kim's body and into Zane's.

"We'll be right back!", I said through Zane's body and ran upstairs into his room and locked the door behind us.

I needed absolute concentration for what we were about to do. I turned around and then I realised...

"I'm in Zane's Room! And in his body!", I shrieked happily.

"Gah! G-ghost! What are you doing?!", Zane asked through his mind.

"Oh hey. If you haven't noticed I'm possessing you.", I answered.

"W-what?! Why?!", he asked.

"You'll see soon.", I said as I went over to Zane's bed and sat on it.

I closed my eyes and chanted, "Zee zaatar cera crisinto!", I said then all I saw was white.

I opened my eyes again and I was in a white void. No one else was here, I was alone. I walked around the void looking for something, anything that could help me. It would have really helped if I knew what to look for exactly. I finally came to a darker spot in the void. It had black veins that lead to a dark area with a green glowing sphere hovering above the ground in the middle and some other spheres of different colours. I put my left foot forward just to see if anything happens, and nothing did. I stepped forward into the dark area and walked towards some of the spheres nearer to the edge of the darkness. When I got up to them I placed my hand on it and I could see different memories being played like a tv on each one of its surface. Some from his childhood and others from a few years ago. I then walked to the green sphere in the middle and placed my hand on it and saw the memories play. All the memories had Garte in them.

"This must where the memories people forget go. To the deepest, darkest corner of our minds. And this sphere has all of Zane's memories of Garte.", I said to myself, "But what's stopping him from accessing it?"

I then chanted a few words that I thought would release the memories in this sphere, but it didn't work.

"Why won't it work?", I thought aloud.

I placed my hand on the ball and thought.

"He doesn't believe...", Alina's voice echoed in the atmosphere.

"That must be it. But how do I make him believe? You can't force someone to do something they don't want to.", I said to myself.

I walked away from the sphere and out of the dark area in the void.

"There has to be something that can help me here.", I thought.

After I was a few meters away I looked back at the dark area and saw a dark figure standing there. I ran back to the ran back there and stood at the rim of the darkness.

"Hey! Who are you and what are you doing here!?", I shouted at it.

It turned around and who I saw there startled me.

"You!"