Chapter 46: A Change of Heart

Zack's POV:

After letting the girl do whatever she needed to do, we went to go talk to Garte. Before we entered Elizabeth turned around to me, "Zack, I left the bag of potions in the room with the witch. Can you get it, we don't want her getting any ideas.", I nodded and left for the room.

I entered and saw the orange-haired girl rocking over to the bag. I walked over to it and grabbed it while she was still mid-way.

"*sigh * You should try keep yourself out of trouble. Elizabeth would have smacked you if she caught you doing this.", I said about to walk back out of the room.

"Wait! You don't want to do this do you? Think about Aphmau!", she shouted making me stop in my tracks.

"W-what about her?"

".... erm, do you really think that she would like it if her dad were doing this! Think about your family.", I could tell she didn't expect me to have actually stopped.

"My family's dead to me right now. And bringing back the demon warlock is for the best interest of others."

"How!? People died last time! Aphmau...died...", she whispered the last part then continued, "Don't you want to see her happy?"

I turned around to her and looked her in the eyes from where I was standing. I hung my head down and told her, "There's nothing I can do..."

"Yes there is! I know that it really pained you when Aph died by Ein's hand-", I put my hand up to silence her.

"Of course it did. My daughter died to the hands of a monster I created."

"Huh?"

"Ein was my son and Aphmau's brother.", I said then looked up and noticed her jump. She didn't say anything. We stood there in awkward silence until she broke the silence again.

"Please... I'm not asking for much, just for you to help me and my friend out...for Aphmau."

I turned my head away for a moment thinking then back to her, "I'll see what I can do. Just try keep out of trouble with Elizabeth or your time will run out quicker.", I told her and she nodded with a slight smile on her face.

I left the room with the bag and went back to where Elizabeth was.

"What took you so long?", she asked as I walked in.

"Lucinda was giving a bit if trouble. But I shorted it out.", I lied as I handing her the bag.

"Great.", she said turning around about to walk over to Garte who was standing on the other side of the room, keeping his distance.

"Elizabeth...do you really think this is or the best. What if someone gets hurt, like Katelyn...", I said grabbing her hand.

"Zack, we've been over this. No one will get hurt as long as people comply," she said glaring over to Garte, "Now, I have a little job for you. Since we can't let our 'friends' starve can you be a dear and go to the local supermarket?", she asked me and I nodded.

"Great. I suggest you get going then.", she said and I left the room.

I started crafting a plan together to try get Lucinda and her friend, along his Garte out of this mess. What I came up with probably wasn't the best but it would get the job done. I picked up some bags and went to my car then drove off.

I drove in the direction of Lover's Lane. I don't know what I was thinking, they most likely wouldn't believe be but, at least I would be able to see Aph again. I went up to the house that I thought could probably be her's and knocked on the door.

"Coming.", a familiar male voice called out.

Oh crap no, it can't be he died along with the demon warlock. The door opened to reveal the one and only Derek.

"Before you hit me please listen!", I said quickly when I saw his fist about to raise.

"You have ten seconds."

"Okay then... I have information on Garte, Lucinda and Garroth as to where they are and why Elizabeth has them."

"Hmm...," Derek seem like his was thinking about what said, "fine, but the second you try anything fishy-"

"I know, and I promise."

"Good. Rachel! Call Aaron or one of his friends and tell them to come here!"

"Umm...Okay!", I heard his wife call from somewhere in the house.

Derek ushered me inside and I went to sit on the couch waiting for the others to arrive. I felt so nervous. I was actually going to see my little girl again. She might hate me for everything I've done or maybe not...

"So... what made you have the guts to come here?", Derek asked sitting in the opposing chair.

I hung my head down and spoke, "I guess someone reminded me what was important."

"Don't worry, I'm sure she's going to be more than happy to see her father again.", Derek gave a reassuring smile which he hasn't given me since...that day.

"It's not her only I'm worried about. Sylvanna...", I groaned.

"As long as you are doing the right thing and has changing I'm sure they will forgive you or what not."

"*sigh * I guess when the time comes we'll find out."