Chapter 8: Moving Mishap

Third Person POV:

Garroth talked with his mom shortly after talking with Kim and Lucinda about getting Kim a house and she agreed with him. So now Kim and Garroth are at her apartment helping her pack a day after.

Kim's POV

Garroth came over to help me move. Eeee! I'm so excited to finally be moving to Lover's Lane with the others! Just when we were almost done packing Lily came in to living room.

"What's going on here and who's this hottie?", she batted her eyes at Garroth. It looked so stupid and you would've thought she had something in her eyes.

"I'm moving out and he's a friend of mine.", I told her this focusing on moving a box into the hallway outside.

"So he's not you boyfriend? Great!"

"W-what?", Garroth stuttered.

"That means you hunky wunky are all for the taking!"

"WHAT!?", I shouted unknowingly.

"He isn't your boyfriend or anyone's I'm assuming so he's for the taking.

"He isn't an object you can just claim Lily!", I shouted when Garroth was about to say something.

"Ooh, so you like him then. Well sorry sweetheart but until I see a ring on that finger of his he's just as good as mine as yours."

"N-no, w-were just friends.", I felt my face heating up. Did I actual have feelings for Garroth?

"Sure. Any way hunky wunky, what do you say? Why waste your time on someone like Kim when you can have me?", Lily asked.

Both me and Lily looked at Garroth, both expecting the answer we wanted to hear. Yeah, maybe I wanted to hear that we loved me but just knowing he wouldn't spend time with Lily would be just as great.

"I'm sorry Lily but I can't go out with anyone who treats my friend Kim like that.", Garroth said.

"Ugh, Kim, you obviously influenced this Hunk too much."

"He has a name and it's Garroth.", I told her.

"Whatever you, what's that word for a female dog again..., oh yeah, you mongrel. Soon enough he's going to realise just how annoying, awkward, and disgusting you are and leave you and come for me.", she said making her fingers move on Garroth's chest like it was walking. I wonder if he had his ears and tail out if she would be even more over him of him.

"Unless..., he already knows and is afraid to tell you.", she continued.

Tears began to fill my eyes and I excused myself from the room and ran away from the building to the park. Once there I sat on a bench beside the lake with ducks and swans. I saw one of the swan males doing a mating ritual to impress a female and it worked. It reminded me a lot of Garroth with his feathers. I sat and watched them do whatever swans do together. Le sigh. Why can't my life we like theirs? I sat there crying into my legs that I brought up on the bench. Maybe Lily was right, Garroth would never love someone like me, and maybe he doesn't want to be my friend either and is just hiding it from me.

"Kim don't listen to her. You know that isn't true.", Ghost said. I know that she wanted to said, 'I told you so' about how I felt towards Garroth but I guess she knew not to right now.

"But what if it is, and Garroth does feel that way.", I cried again.

"Kim, you are and amazing and beautiful person. Your personality can put anyone in a good mood. And I'm sure that if you weren't super amazing and pretty I would have never chosen you for my host. And if Garroth can't see that then screw him! Any guy would be happy and lucky to have you as his girlfriend!", Ghost told me.

I sniffed then then said, "Thanks Ghost."

"Don't mention it. Just remember that okay."

"Yeah, lets head back to our place at Lover's Lane. The bed is there already.", Ghost mentally nodded and we left to go home.