Chapter 53: The End?

Elizabeth's POV:

If Zack is working with them that means the others would be here soon.

"Lily, I'll meet you outside with Garroth and Lucinda. I need to pack up somethings.", I turned to her and she nodded leaving with the two.

I quickly went through cupboards taking potions I thought would be useful then went to meet the others. We left along with the two henchmen from before to go to an ancient building.

"Is this the place?", Lily asked.

"Yes...", I paused and thought aloud, "I think I left something... Lily, you and Garroth go and make sure I didn't leave any potions in the cupboard.", I said and they began to walk away, "Oh and if you see any enemies, do what you have too."

I turned away for them and focused back on Lucinda and the other two.

"Let's get going.", and we walked off.

Zane's POV:

We ran until we came upon the house again. Exhausted we stopped at the door panting.

"C'mon... our friends... need us.", I said between breaths.

The rain was finally letting up and the sun light was appearing again slowly.

"You go in. I'll catch up. I need to catch my breath.", I nodded and ran inside.

"Purple potion. Purple potion.", I repeated to myself while searching the cupboard.

"Purple po- Yes! I found it!", I exclaimed grabbing a few and putting them in a backpack I found near bye. I then ran back to the entrance to tell Nana I found the potion and so we can hurry back to the others.

"Nana! Nana! I-", I stopped mid-way when I walked up and saw not only Kawaii~chan but Lily and Garroth.

Garroth was holding Kawaii~chan and held a knife to her neck. I didn't see any point in shouting at Garroth since he was under the control of Lily.

"Let her go!", I shouted at Lily.

"Tsk. Tsk. We might let her go, only if you hand over the potions you got in that little bag of yours."

"Z-Zane... don't do it. I-I'm okay. Aph and the others need your help.", Nana stuttered.

I looked at her and saw fear in her eyes. They kept bouncing from her to Lily then Garroth.

"Tic-toc. Hurry up Zaney Waney. Or else your girlfriend gets it.", she pointed to Nana and I saw Garroth bring the knife closer to her throat. The blade touching her skin then showed blood.

I took of my bag and looked at it then at Kawaii~chan.

"Give me Kawaii~chan at the same time!", I demanded.

"As long as you give me those potions.", she said and I nodded.

She took Kawaii~chan from Garroth and held her out. I stepped forward and held out the bag. I grabbed Kawaii~chan arm and Lily held one strap of the bag. She let go of Kawaii~chan and was about to yank the bag out of my hand when I pulled both away, causing one of the bag straps to tear off.

"Why you little-!", She huffed then turned to Garroth and whispered in his ear, but I still heard, "Finish them."

"Nana. Go inside.", I said as calmly as I could.

"But Zane-"

"Now Nana!", I said more demanding and she ran into the building. I made sure to keep my eye on Garroth and Lily.

Garroth held his Knife and ran at me. The only thing I had for protection was a piece of wood beside me. I held it up blocking his attack. The knife went through the board only a few inches from my face. The knife was stuck in the board and Garroth was trying to get it out. I saw Lily run in the building and I instantly knew she was looking for Nana. I took the advantage of Garroth being distracted and kicked him in the shin first then stomach.

"Sorry! You'll thank me later!", I said as I ran into the building locking the door behind me.

I carefully ran through the building looking or Nana or Lily.

"Nana?", I whispered.

The house was so silent and I was sacred as to why it was. I then heard muffled sounds coming from the other side of the house where I was.

"Nana!", I shouted and ran to her direction.

I ran through the back door to see Lily holding Nana next to a cliff.

"Oh wow! Glad you could make it to your girlfriend's pre-funeral.", she smirked nudging Nana closer to the cliff.

"Let her go!"

"Why don't you come get her.", she said then pushed her off.

An ear-piercing scream was heard from Nana as she tried to regain footing but in vain.

"NANA!", I yelled as I ran past Lily pushing her away from the cliff and reaching for Nana's hand.

My eyes were closed, afraid that I didn't catch her. Slowly I opened them to see that I had. Beneath her were rocks, boulders, and branches, waiting for their next victim.

"Phew.", I said.

"Don't pat each other's backs just yet.", Lily said and kicked me off as well.

"Zane!", I heard a faint voice yell.

Nana and I both screamed as we plummeted. We were nearing the objects that would soon impale us.

"I love you Nana!", I said quickly.

"I love you to Zane. And I'm glad to share these last moments with you. My little emo nugget.", she said at the same pace slowing down at the last part.

"My cupcake..."

We finally reached the bottom and everything went dark. That's It. That was the end of our story. Never again would I be able to see or talk to Nana. Never share the same joy, and sadness. Never feel her gentle touch or enjoy her baking. Never see or talk to Aph or anyone ever again. I'm dead. I feel like I failed Nana and everyone else. I'm so sorry.