Meeting (2)

Ellesmeere.

After I said that he was surprised. Duh, ano aasahan niya sa bata na tulad ko pa? Kaloka. Nakaka-stress maging cute, magpacute at mag english! Buti na lang inborn na kay Lady Meere maging cute at maganda.

"I shall escort you My Lady to The Highnesses." I just nodded repeatedly. Just like an excited child.

He just didn't notice my hand? I must remove this.

"Let's go, My Lady?" I just smiled widely.

It's my first time facing off my parents, Lady Meere's Parents.

Based on the looks of this big-ass door, it's the Dining Hall? Did I think I just got to greet them?

"The Young Lady arrives." The Butler said as he opens the door.

It's so fancy though it's very old compared to the Modern. "U-Uhm.." I timidly hum.

"So, this is her?" What a joke, he never even paid a visit to her daughter since she was born then ganito ang bati niya? I bowed my head.

"A-ahm. A pleasant evening." I said then bow handling my dress.

"A-are you, my mother and father?" I innocently asked which makes their faces like a clown hmph.

"Oh, B-Brother.." I cutely said.

"Do you know what you are spitting in front of us?" Grand Duke Stefan Folr de la Schulz. The Grand Duchy Eleanor Augustus de la Schulz, I wonder if she's alive will she treat her daughter like this?

Family of visuals, I see. I've got my Mother's look, I must say, Lady Meere's beauty will top hers when she reaches her prime. Why did they even treat her like an adoptive then doubt her?

"S-Sorry for My Lady's action, She-"

"Let's just eat." I was about to turn back to the door when he said, "Where are you going?"

"Father?.. I'm going to my room?" I almost whispered.

"And why is that?"

Wow, my Brothers are quiet. Well, I don't expect my Third Brother, Exchiel, and my twin, Skylar to speak but the arrogant and noisy Second Son and the so very maarte First Son are also not minding to butt in. Not it matters.

I cooly played with my fingers, slightly facing them. "I-it's time to eat, and I always eat in my room, "I said then smiled brightly.  "Ehem." The Grand Duke cleared his throat.

"You'll be joining us for today." He said casually. I excitedly smiled. "Can I?" I said looks like my eyes are sparkling. I'm kinda good at it hmm.

"Of course." He motioned something then the Maids are helping to go to my seat. The end of the table, the farthest one to them. I smiled bitterly at myself. Are they letting me but isolating me? Wow, a good way to humiliate a child. I can say it's much better to eat in my room.

"You'll be meeting with the Prince, tomorrow. I've already arranged this." Gosh? Why so early? I thought I had to meet him when I'm 5. It's supposed to be 2 years later.

They are trying to arrange me to the prince, well, I'm the only girl so they must be finding a good one to send me off. What a nice life. Geez, I need to prepare to meet him, I would gladly not interfere with that prince, he ended Lady Meere's life the last time.

My breath suddenly shortens. W-hat?

"L-lady?"

I clutched my chest. Is it poison? What the hell? Why would they poison a child who just got out of her cage?

"N-Nanny, I- can't b-breathe." Hirap na hirap kong sabi, wari ko na punong puno na nang luha ang mata ko.

"Ellesmeere!" My vision is going blurry.

' H-hey, Stay with us, hang on!'

I just smiled, woah, is it my end already?

~~~~~~~

'My Lady..'

Nanny? Is she crying? I opened my eyes.

"Nanny? A-am I dead?" I weakly asked. Technically I'm a child so I must kinda act like one.

"My lady! Stop joking like that!" Nanny exclaimed, as she cupped my face, I close my eyes.

"What happened?" I asked normally.

"The food you ate is poisoned, My Lady." I knew it. They're trying to get rid of me?

"H-huh? Why?"

"The Grand Duke is furious and investigating what happened to you, My Lady." Nanny explained. What? Why would he? I mean.

"I knew it, Nanny. I should've eaten here, I just cause a commotion." I sadly said. Nanny holds my hand.

"My sweet Lady, it's not like that. Your life is almost at risk." She said assuring me.

What will happen to me next? Seems like my life is not following the plot of the novel. I might just end up dead without my knowing.

Nanny left the room to let me rest. I close my eyes when I heard my door open. "What should we do, Father?"

"She's too young to experience this." Brother Earltone? Why are they here?

"I talked to Butler Cain, one of the Chef's assistants put it to her food." I feel someone touching my Hair. Maybe it's the Grand Duke, I can hear his voice much better.

Why are they even here? Lady Meere's life was always in danger but they didn't care. Now they're acting like a parent and a brother?