Jewelry Shop AU - Kangbi

I jumped from my spot on the couch when the door opened. A customer. That's a first.

It's not often that people want to go to a jewelry shop in the middle of nowhere when there are 50 million jewelry stores downtown.

It's also not often that the customer looks like a literal angel.

She had pink lipstick on, borderline bright red, but not quite. A black turtleneck paired with regular jeans. Her hair was wavy, a warm brown color. The hazy sun through the windows hit her highlights and made them sparkle. She was tall, taller than me by at least a few inches. And she was the most beautiful being to ever walk this earth.

I let my lips curl into a smile. "Hi, welcome to Shining IZ."

Her cheeks tinted a little pink, and she awkwardly smiled back. "Hi."

She turned away as a pair of pearl earrings caught her eye. She looked at them, cocked her head, and then shook it, moving on to the next piece. Usually this would irritate me, but I was just curious. She didn't mean it with disapproval or malice - the earrings just weren't for her. And for some reason, I totally got it. She moved from red, gold-highlighted cat-shaped earrings to strings of opalescent diamonds strung with silver to platinum set circular diamonds linked together, hanging on a thin, platinum chain. Piece to piece, taking interest in the ones with pearls, she wandered around the shop for about ten minutes.

"Do you need any help? Pearls happen to be a favorite of my friend Wonyoung."

She looked at me, a curious glint in her eye. It paired strangely with her awkward smile.

"Er, yes actually. Thank you. Do you think you could find something simple, but on the larger side?"

We walked around the whole shop, until I found her a pair of circular earrings, rings of pearls followed by clear quartz with a single, tiny stone shaped like a star in the middle.

I had to admire the way she beamed at me.

It was only one piece of jewelry, right? Couldn't be for anyone... important? There's still a chance she isn't dating. 

A minuscule chance, going by her beauty.

She thanked me, paid, and was on her way.

I thought I wouldn't see her again.

How wrong I was.

The next time she came, she looked like she could be at the beach. She had a flowy, really really light blue tee-shirt and a two toned white and grey skirt. Her white converse matched a single white pin on one side of her hair.

We exchanged only bright smiles before she went back to looking. This time, she was looking for the clear gems. She took a fleeting glance at the platinum and diamond necklace, before catching sight of a rose quartz teardrop, set in gold with a gold chain and a delicate, gold vine sticking out over the top. She spent a lot of time looking back at that one, even after passing a diamond and silver necklace, tiny flowers forming the choker like structure. She held clear butterfly earrings up to her ears, but she put them back.

Bringing the quartz teardrop necklace, she smiled her smile and said "Hi."

I smiled back, carefully wrapping her necklace. "Hi."

"You have a cute shop out here."

"Thanks." I half-smiled, looking up at her. "Isn't it more convenient just to go downtown though?"

"Not when there are treasures like these right here."

Her calculating eyes flitted over my every move.