Fairy AU - 2kimz

So... this was a nice, random prompt that I found off the internet with essentially a whole storyline attached, so get ready for some artificial internety-ness!

*

The fairy kingdom consisted of four parts. Spring, summer, fall, and winter. The spring fairies were sweeter than the cakes they were constantly making. They were infuriatingly nice, and they generally wore pastel greens and pinks. The spring fairies painted the sky - every shade of pink and orange - at sunrise and sunset. They were just pretty and perfect that way.

Summer fairies were almost always extroverted and full of energy. Constantly getting in trouble but always super chill about it, they were really a very distinct kind of fairy. They all seemed to enjoy dying their hair. Blondes were usually the most popular - warm, yellowy blonde, ash blonde, white blonde. The fairies themselves caught light in jars, using it on special occasions like fireworks. They made sure the sun didn't run off its path over the sky and were often seen fooling around, shining differently colored light at different fairies and animals.

The fall fairies were your rebellious introverts. Those people you wouldn't spare a second glance to, but when you did, you'd suddenly have a map for each and every secret pathway through the kingdoms and there'd be a bunch of random things tucked in your bag for safekeeping - makeup, three hundred dollars in every currency, and for some reason, a detailed journal with every fall animal's habitat and favorite food. Fall fairies somehow totally rocked the "cold but warm" kind of vibe. The fall fairies changed the colors of the leaves.

The first three sectors were very close, seeing their similarities. But the final sector had always stood out as "the different one". Winter was cold and uninviting upon first glance, but pay closer attention and you get a tiny window into the magic of the whole place. The fairies stuck to the rules. Most were privileged and stuck up, but some were the nicest people you'd ever met. The winter fairies were hated by all the outer sectors. No one ever really got along with them - they're picky and can be very annoying at times. Strangely, every winter fairy in existence had the same hair color - black. Like, pitch black.

But anyways, the sectors fought. They fought over importance, over beauty, over anything they possibly could. And this, mind you, was just about every day.

Every day except for  the end of year celebration. 

When it's safe for the winter fairies to come out and the others to wear coats, all the creatures in the forest come together. They feast together and laugh together and smile the biggest smiles. Everyone looks forward to the celebration- there's no room for argument. The fairies are peaceful and enjoy their time together. On that day, the laughter rings throughout the forest.

The celebration is Kim Minju's favorite thing in the whole world. 

Minju is a winter fairy, but she is, in fact, not stuck up. She's one of the nicer ones. The nicest of the nicest. In fact, she admires the other sectors. She uses her soft, light blue clothing to blend in with the winter sky and stare from a distance. Even the individual strands of silver in her hair blend in.

Although, the jet black does tend to give her away.

But because Minju doesn't hate the other fairies, she is shunned in her own community. She sits alone in her house, loneliness churning in her stomach making her want to cry. But she isn't accepted among those other sectors either - how could she? She's not unique or especially pretty, and of course, her genetics says that she's the biggest enemy of the fall fairies.

Which is really inconvenient, because she'd developed a tiny crush on the prettiest fall fairy in existence. 

"I know! Fairies are so weird. Sometimes I wish I were a rabbit- yes of course being a squirrel would be fun, but let's admit, the rabbits are the most organized of the creatures." Minju giggled at her only friend besides Misaki and Nayoung, a squirrel.