Theater Club AU - Kangbi

Hyewon had noticed how pretty some of the hair stylers were. There were a lot of pretty people in the theater club. Hyewon tended to like the shorter ones with varying hair styles that were cute without trying and so, so awkward when called cute.

...

That didn't mean anything. Like she knew, there were lots of pretty people in theater. And there were plenty of talented people in theater too. Talented in acting, singing, painting, engineering, maneuvering, makeuping, and hair styling.

So why, why was the ONLY PERSON in the entire fricking theater club who could do her hair the person she had a humongous crush on?

And it was a hard hair style too. It took a while to finish.

Come on Hyewon, focus. The "entire fricking theater club" was in dress rehearsal for Romeo and Juliet. And Hyewon was Juliet.

It was really fun. She got to use her flair for dramatics and she DIDN'T get eye rolls! She got tears and "Omg, she's too good!"s. And of course, she loved acting, and all her friends were in theater, lots of fun stuff.

The only downside was that Romeo clearly had a crush on her and was totally hitting her up, like, every conversation they had.

"Okay guys! That's good for today! Don't forget - be back at 6:30 so we can get in everything!"

The poor director had been cut off long before she could even mention the time to come back again with everybody hurrying to the dressing rooms.

*

"So how do you feel about the fact that you're probably going to be carrying the whole play on your own?"

Hyewon giggled, and instantly regretted it. Damn it, she's going to think you're one of those giggly girls.

"I... don't know. Joonwoo is pretty useless, but I can be over dramatic and whiny which is always fun, so that's a good thing."

Eunbi laughed through the pin in her mouth as she started braiding one of the fine braids on the side of Hyewon's head.

Hyewon tried not to stare at Eunbi, but she quickly figured out that wasn't something you could just "stop doing". Ugh. So, she might as well be confident about it. She stared at Eunbi's focused eyes, her lips pressed in a line, her long, sleek, jet black hair falling in her face.

Funny, the best hairstylist couldn't even put up her own hair.

Eunbi got significantly closer to Hyewon's face as she pulled tiny strands of hair through the tiny braid. This was the third and final small braid weaved with other locks of hair in it.

Hyewon's stomach did the usual routine. Started with the occasional flutter, a few more, a few more, and eventually enough to cover her whole body with butterflies. Her heart raced, her face got a little pinker underneath the insane amount of makeup. Her stomach did a few backflips, the butterflies fluttering up to her heart and giving her tiny surges of flustery and shyness.

Eunbi finished the waterfall braids and then expertly weaved the bottom into a large braid with two perfect, rogue curls hanging in front of Hyewon's eyes.

Eunbi smiled. "Beautiful. Cool. So that's that. Now, we have to get you on stage and fix Chaewon's hair into her next character..."

And wandering off as though she hadn't just made Hyewon's face go nuclear, Eunbi left the taller girl alone.

On stage, Hyewon was dramatic as ever, totally clicking with her gorgeous, elegant, but slightly cute character. She flirted with Romeo (aka Joonwoo) as though he was Eunbi and she was actually brave. And she crushed it. When she died, she could see her theater director wiping tears and she could hear the sobs from the crowed. She smiled gently, knowing it would look like she was happy that Romeo was back by her side again.

The standing ovation from the crowd made it sound like dying was a celebration.

The cast took their bows and everyone ran to the changing rooms.

Compliments and approvals rung around the tent. Yuri passed by her and shot a thumbs up and a giddy smile while running to Yena who was already shouting about how stupidly dramatic but also really good that was. Sakura gave one of those motherly smiles that make everything better and Chaeyeon gave her a quick hug and then proceeded to spend ten minutes ranting about how gorgeous she looked. Hyewon had laughed. But the best one, although it wasn't nearly the longest, or most detailed, was Eunbi. Eunbi had shouted from across the room, "Why are you so fricking awesome Kang Hyewon?!?" That had kept a smile on Hyewon's face for the whole rest of the night.

But when she had started walking home, Joonwoo caught up.

Dang it.

She smiled and nodded, as was polite, at his pathetic attempts at flirting.

"You know Hyewon, I really like you."

Silence.

"I think we should go out. We could go to this place I know-"

"Joonwoo, I think I've made it very clear where we stand."

"But we could be the most popul-"

"I'm not interested."

Joonwoo grabbed her wrist. "Yes you are."

Hyewon ferociously fought back. Just as Joonwoo was about to twist her arm, a tiny, but super, super tight hand grabbed on to Joonwoo's wrist.

"Well Romeo, seems you're doing a fantastic job wooing your girl."

Joonwoo just stared back at Eunbi, terrified.

Eunbi fiercely whispered back, "Stay the frick away from her Joon."

She released his wrist and pushed him away. He ran.

I stared at her. She stared back. Slowly, I started to smirk.

"That was absolutely aaAaAaaAAaAAAAdDddDoOooOoOooOOooOOOOrRrRrrRRaAaaAAbbBBbBbBLLLEEEEE Eunbi unnie."

Eunbi squinted and then yelled. "KANG HYEWON I JUST SAVED YOUR FREAKING LIFE I AM NOT ADORABLE!"

"You totally are."

"I am nOT-"

"You are cute and you know it."

"I am not CUTE you liTTLE-"

*

Hi guysss! Just for clarification, Joonwoo is not based off of any real person. His existence is fictional and he exists purely to be an antagonist.

Anyways my peeps, I would really, really appreciate it if you could request with a ship and maybe even a prompt. I usually take about an hour thinking up what the story line will be like, and then I can write, but I've been running short on ideas lately. 

Sucks to suck. I know from personal experience XD.

So, as usual, rEeeeEEeEeEEEEEQqqQqqQqQQuUuuUuUuuUUeEeeEsStSSSS?

Thx for readinggg!