Nerd & Popular Kid AU - Annyeongz

Got this from the same otp prompt book that I was using last timeeeeeee :)

*

Wonyoung had everything - she had money, she had friends, she had food, she had everything she could ever dream up. But she lacked love. Her parents were constantly traveling and had only married because of the image. She wasn't allowed to talk or socialize with the servants, and she didn't have any siblings.

Wonyoung was lonely.

And that drives her personality. Maybe that's why she's so quick to trust. Maybe that's why she's so scared of being alone. Maybe that's why she invites her friends over all the time, and why she hurts so bad when they have other engagements. Maybe that's why she has bad judgment when it comes to people one hangs out with. Maybe that's why she gives so many hugs - not really to spread love, but to assure herself that someone loves her, that someone, close or not really close at all, is there for her.

Wonyoung is pretty, funny, and lovable. She's willing to be taken in by anyone at this point. So maybe that's why her high school clique was the bullies and popular kids and why her girlfriend is Jurina. (btw nothing against Jurina I freaking love Jurina)

*

"Just do it." Jurina argued with Wonyoung.

"But I feel bad..."

"Nayoung, you're too nice. Just get to know her and then break her heart."

"Fine, but I'm not doing anything unless I get something out of it." Hyewon crossed her arms, getting feisty.

Jurina shook her head, annoyed. "Okay, fine. I'll quit smoking if you destroy that nerd."

"Fine."

"Fine. Now go run to the library in tears and say that I broke up with you."

Wonyoung strolled out of the cafeteria until she got to that corner next to the said library. She looked around and darted in. And now she summons the tears. Wonyoung doesn't cry easily, but it's so easy to let her situation take her over - her parents don't love her, her friends wouldn't be friends with her if she wasn't rich, Jurina wouldn't be with her if she wasn't popular. And she's alone. She's terrified of being without someone, anyone. She briefly lets go of the lies she's held on to so tightly and fights the immediate response to defend the people that stay close to her.

And she runs into the library.

The sobs are hushed, tears silent. She makes it to the back of the library, pretending to not see the masked girl in front of her, and sits at the floor by the end of the couch.

"Er, a-are you okay?"

Wonyoung almost forgets her sorrows for a second. That voice. It's... gorgeous. Angelic even. Awkward, slow, stuttering, and the most beautiful thing she's ever heard. And Wonyoung, flustered, replies awkwardly, slowly, and stuttering.

"Um, I'm f-fine..." she trails off at the end.

The masked girl looks like she might just ignore Wonyoung, but then stands up and goes to sit by her.

They sit in silence for a while, until the masked girl turns toward Wonyoung and pulls down her mask. And Wonyoung goes through the same thought process that she did when the masked girl spoke because oh my god, she's so pretty. Her dimples are adorable and her eyes are so warm and chocolatey and her smile, so awkward, is still the prettiest thing Wonyoung has ever seen. Wonyoung can't hear anything that the masked girl is saying, and she's sure that her face is absolutely on fire. Wonyoung floats on this feeling, confused but loving it. She's never felt this before.