Color Soulmate AU - Hiinak

Hitomi was invisible. She blended in perfectly with the other people. Or rather, she hid perfectly from the other people. She wore her uniform along with a huge dark hoodie to hide her face. The only defining feature about her was her blonde hair, or at least she had been told it was blonde, but no one ever saw so it wouldn't matter.

In fact, no one would even notice if she pulled her hoodie down. No one could see anyway, except those two couples, both lesbian coincidentally. Those adorable little cuties, what, Yujin and Wonyoung, eighth and seventh graders. And then those other two, hamster and duck. They were older, a senior and a sophomore. And then of course the rest in their friend group could be soulmates, but all were oblivious and stubborn and refused to kiss once. Only once and they would know, those idiots.

But Hitomi wasn't interested in them because they had five pairs of soulmates. She was interested in them because she had a puppy crush on one of their resident sophomores. Yabuki Nako was simultaneously the most gorgeous, cutest, happiest, smartest, fluffiest, kindest, and best human communicator in existence. She was the preciousest being to ever walk this earth, except that she was so angelic that the floor under her wasn't earth anymore, it was something much more heavenly than disgusting high school tiled cafeteria floor.

Hitomi groaned and let her head fall into her hands. The grey tones in her math notebook screamed up at her. Study, Hii-chan. It's your fault for sleeping in math.

"Excuse me, do you know where they keep the math textbooks?" Another kid. Didn't they understand that Hitomi would ignore them? Hitomi, in fact, was about to tell this person to get the fudge out of her line of vision, but when she looked up, she couldn't breathe. She couldn't move. She couldn't stop the butterflies from erupting in her stomach.

"Er, are you okay?" Nako asked, waving her hand in front of Hitomi's face.

"O-o-oh, uh, y-yeah. They're i-i-in th-the third sh-shelf to the r-right, o-on the top."

Hitomi tried not to die of embarrassment.

But Nako just giggled. "Hey, you're cute. Can I poke your cheek? Sorry, it just looks really soft.

Hitomi's face got warm. "S-sure?"

Nako reached her hand in Hitomi's hood and pinched her cheek softly. Hitomi was trying not to melt against Nako's warm fingers, but she was almost certain that she leaned her head a little.

And then, as if they hadn't just shared an intimate moment, Nako smiled and said, "Thanks for the help! I don't usually come to the library, I just fail my tests."

And Hitomi tried to turn back to her work. She tried to study for her quiz, but she couldn't. Her stomach was filled with butterflies and her mind with unicorns and rainbows and flowers. It was a pretty gorgeous rainbow - pitch black to charcoal to slate grey to grey to light grey to white grey to ghost white to white. And so she just sat there. Shocked and totally whipped for a certain angel.

"Ow, frick, why am I so short?"

Hitomi turned her head to see Yabuki Nako, who had fallen on her royal behind trying to get that math textbook.

Without thinking through what she would say or what she would do, Hitomi ran over.

"You okay?"

Nako giggled. She did that a lot. "Yep."

The two stood, Nako brushing herself off.

Hitomi reached up on her tiptoes and grabbed the textbook. "Here."

Nako beamed at her. Her face got warm. Nako could probably see the silver creeping over her cheeks. If she did notice, Nako's smile only got wider.

"Hey, why don't you come sit with us at lunch?"

"H-huh?"

Nako pointed Hitomi's sweatshirt. "My friends and I could all talk about IZ*ONE for hours."

"O-okay. Cool."

Nako gave one last smile before heading off to check out her textbook.

*

"Guys, this is Hitomi. Hitomi, these are the idiots that I acquaint myself with."

With many shouts of protest, they all introduced themselves. And when Chaewon noticed the little IZ*ONE logo in the corner of Hitomi's hoodie... that's when the war started. Or rather, was continued with Hitomi as a part of it. Kangbi and Chaekura or Kwonchaeng and Hyekkura? Or was it Eunbi and Sian, Hyewon and Minami, Sakura and Gaeun, and single Chaeyeon?

Of course Hitomi was on the Kangbi-Chaekura side because WHO ISN'T?!? (A/N I swear y'all better not be shipping anything that has Chaeyeon not with Sakura)

But all in all, it was actually really fun to argue with Nako's insane friends who still shipped Eunbi and Sian. (A/N *cries in a corner* SIAAANNN WE MISS YOUUUUUUUUUUUU)

Hitomi was still chatting with Minju as she stood up to collect her tray. And she was smiling and trying to make sense of Yujin's mindless yelling when she tripped over Nako's shoelaces. How one trips over someone else's shoelaces, we'll never know.

Briefly, Hitomi's lips brushed over Nako's as she fell on top of the smaller girl.

"Woah Hii-chan, don't you think that's a little to qui-"

Nako was cut off when the world exploded with color.

*

That... was interesting.

Requests?

Thx for readingggggggggg (btw sorry to Ssambbang shippers)