Kid AU - 2kimz

Much much thanks to Bridget di Angelo, who I stole this prompt from. She's got a book of Jercy one shots (from the PJO fandom) and she has so so so many other books. She's a super good writer, so get out of here and go read her stuff!

*

Chaewon woke up to the distant sound of a baby screaming. Well. Not the most pleasant sound to hear first thing in the morning, but it was more surprising than it was unpleasant. They were a K-Pop group. They lived in their own dorm. So why, pray tell, was there a toddler screaming downstairs?

Chaewon threw on a grey sweatshirt and some jeans before dashing down the stairs. Rubbing her eyes, she scanned the room. Eunbi was holding a toddler out in front of her like it was some alien being. No one else seemed to want to hold it. Chaewon did a quick scan of the room. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten... plus her, that only made eleven.

"Where's Minju?"

Eunbi snorted. "Well, good morning to you too Chaewon dearest."

Chaewon rolled her eyes. "Morning Eunbi unnie. Where's Minju?"

Eunbi sighed as the toddler whimpered and stuck its lip out, bursting into tears again. "So, long story..."

"We have all morning."

"Yes, I know that, who do you think spends HOURS EVERY DAY ARRANGING THE SCHEDULE?!?"

"EUNBI UNNIE NOW IS NOT THE TIME! WHERE. IS. MINJU?!?" The baby shrunk away and quieted, although it seemed to be out of fear. Chaewon glanced at it. It was a fairly pretty thing - dark, wavy hair, big eyes, heart-shaped lips, makeup... Chaewon squinted her eyes, and sure enough, this kid jewels around the outside of her eyes. Fake ones, but still. And her hair... half up half down. And now that she thought about it, it had rather frog-like features.

Chaewon turned her blazing eyes to Eunbi. "Eunbi. Why. Is. Minju. A. Freaking. CHILD. FOR HEAVENS SAKE WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING AROUND HERE?!?"

Eunbi flinched. "Jeez, we know you love your girlfriend-"

"SHE ISN'T MY GIRLFRIEND!-"

"-but chillax for a second because she looks scared."

Chaewon turned toward the kid who was whimpering, bottom lip stuck out a little, trying to hid behind her gorgeous hair.

Chaewon reached her arms out and pulled the kid close to her. Glaring at Eunbi and the rest, she walked back up to her room.

Minju looked terrified. Chaewon's heart clenched, and she smiled.

"Hi cutie, I'm Chaewon. What's your name?"

Minju's eyes filled with tears. "My mommy says I shouldn't tell strangers my name."

"Don't worry, I think I can help you find your mommy, okay?"

"O-okay. I'm Minju."

Chaewon reached out and wiped Minju's adorable, tear-streaked face.

"Nice to meet you Minju. How old are you?"

"I-I'm four. Ms. Chaewon, do you know where my parents are?"

Chaewon shook her head. A tear slipped down Minju's cheek.

"We'll find them. But I have one more question. Do you want to play with me?"

Minju's face brightened. "Yeah!"

*

Chaewon and Minju played all morning. Chaewon was falling in love all over again with that adorable face. Smile after smile, Minju was still a goddess, just shorter. And cuter.