Cheating - Chaekura

She couldn't understand why she kept going back. She was a married woman. She loved Chaeyeon. But somehow, Sakura kept finding herself amidst driving to Hyewon's.

Not anymore.

This time, when Sakura pulled into the driveway, she was not intending to get laid. When she rung the doorbell, there wasn't a smirk on her face. When Hyewon opened the door, Sakura spoke first.

"I'm done."

"Sorry?"

"I'm cutting you off. I'm sorry, but I'm a married woman."

Hyewon's face fell. "Sakura-"

"I think you knew this day was coming."

Hyewon gulped and looked down. "I did."

Silence.

"Well then, I'm just going to go."

"You should do that."

And it was ended with a two minute conversation.

But now Sakura had to tell Chaeyeon.

The car ride home was almost unbearable. Sakura's leg couldn't stop bouncing. Her mouth was dry. When she unlocked her own door, the rate of her heart was incalculable. Her fingers tapped out some random pattern on the side of the pocket on her jeans.

Sakura unlocked the door to her home. The home she shared with Chaeyeon.

"Jjae?"

Chaeyeon was staring at her phone. The way her face brightened when she looked up at Sakura was unbearable. "Saku-chan!"

Chaeyeon stood up and pulled Sakura into her arms. Sakura found that some of her stress disappeared with a deep breath into Chaeyeon's white turtleneck (what is it with me and white turtlenecks?)

Chaeyeon pulled away and pecked Sakura's lips.

"How was work? Today was a late day for you."

Sakura gave a half-hearted smile. "It was fine."

A small crease appeared between Chaeyeon's eyebrows and Sakura just wanted to smooth it with her finger. "Are you alright?"

Before Sakura could answer, Chaeyeon went on. "We can just chill on the couch for the rest of the day if you like-"

"Chaeyeon, I have something to tell you."

The crease got a little bigger. "Yeah?"

Sakura sucked in a breath. "I was cheating."

The two ladies just stood staring at each other for a while. Chaeyeon cocked her head, as if questioning if this was a joke or not, and Sakura looked at her feet. More than enough for an answer. When Sakura looked up, she looked up at Chaeyeon, perfect, pale hand over her mouth and tears glistening in her eyes and a few precious, sparkling drops running down her cheeks. Her bottom lip was shaking and her chin was quivering. Sakura had to look away again.

"Y-you... who?"

"Kang Hyewon."

Sakura had been expecting an angry Chaeyeon, a yelling Chaeyeon, a Chaeyeon ready to file a divorce. She had been preparing herself for that scene. But somehow this, silent crying, was so much worse. So, so much worse.

Chaeyeon broke into sobs. Not loud ones, but sobs she could almost stifle with her hand. And Sakura was sure you could hear the crack of her heart splitting in two from fifteen miles away.

Chaeyeon covered her face with both of her hands and curled her knees to her chest. How Sakura desperately wanted to reach out to her, to wipe her tears, to tell her it was going to be alright. How she wanted to turn back time. But she could only stand there, helpless, waiting for Chaeyeon to speak again. To yell at her, to throw her out, to give her something she deserved.

Chaeyeon looked up at Sakura with the most heartbreaking, innocent stare Sakura had ever seen.

How Sakura just wanted to die then and there.

"S-Sakura?"

"Yeah," Sakura breathed.

"Why?" Chaeyeon's huge eyes welled with tears again.

Sakura opened and closed her mouth numerous times, deciding what she was going to say. "Honestly? I'm not sure. She meant nothing to me and I meant nothing to her. I don't know what I was doing."

"So I'm just so unimportant that you'd have an affair just because," Chaeyeon's voice wasn't jealous or bitter. Just... sad. Heartbroken. Just like those eyes of hers. And, for some reason, she sounded sorry. Guilty.

"C-can you promise you'd n-never do i-it a-again?"

"Yes. Absolutely. I'll never do it again." Sakura bit her lip, trying to restrain her own tears.

Chaeyeon slowly lifted herself from her chair, light as a feather but weighted down by the tears streaming down her cheeks.

She stood up.

"I'm sorry," Chaeyeon's eyes were filled with remorse and guilt and stuff that made Sakura swallow the lump in her throat. Chaeyeon looked down. "I'll try to be better next time. I'm so sorry."

"No, Chaeyeon-"

"I promise. I'll change, I can be better. I swear I can-"

"Chaeyeon, it's not your fault. It's mine." Sakura pulled Chaeyeon's delicate frame close. She held Chaeyeon's head as Chaeyeon cried into her shoulder.

When she pulled away just enough for her face to be a few inches from Chaeyeon's, Sakura held Chaeyeon's waist with one hand and her cheek with the other.

"It's my fault. You did nothing. Chaeyeon, you're the most perfect human being I've ever met, don't change. Okay?"

Chaeyeon hiccuped and leaned her head into Sakura's warm fingers, nodding.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize."

"Ah, right, sorry- oh... Kura it's too hard to stop apologizingggggg."

Sakura chuckled and pulled Chaeyeon closer. 

*

Okay my lovely human beings. Very sorry that I took a few days to update, but also I have given up on Jumanji. *evil laugh* sorry. Idk I just could not remember what happened in that movie for the life of me. 

Anyways, I have a requested kwonchaeng coming up soon, but I may or may not be able to update every few days now because of my book.

Thx for reading, luv u all, and I am still taking requests :)

Currently writing:

- Kwonchaeng

- Surprisingly enough, I caught up with everything else, so please do request if you'd like