A Random Prompt I Found AU - Ssamyen

@Jenliswag_06 here's ur Ssamyen :D

*

It had been a regular day. The sky had taken on a watery, faded kind of grey, like the grey of a pair of jeans that have been through the washing machine far too many times. Scattered snowflakes floated down from the hazy clouds like a drizzle before the rainstorm. Yena looked forward to chilling in her apartment with hot cocoa or something.

Yena had been strolling through the plaza. Shops were already preparing for Christmas - some had banners, some had lights, some had holiday products, and, of course, the farolitos. Yena's favorite was the little shop next to Collected Works, where they had made small, simple ceramic houses. Just little boxes with triangles on top and lots of tiny windows. They stuck rows of the cute little things on the shop's huge windowsills. It had been a lovely little surprise when Yena headed to her favorite store, which she was currently sitting in, drinking hot cocoa.

Half the time, Yena lived in Collected Works. She spent most of her time wandering through the bookshelves and sipping a hot beverage on their fluffy chairs. It's a fangirl's dream in there, really.

She had just picked up a few books and a coffee to warm up her hands. Some people wouldn't find walking for an hour around the plaza fun, but Yena did it every day.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when her fuzzy boot caught on a pebble and she almost fell flat on her face. Regaining her balance, she brushed off her coat, shook her head, and continued walking.

Soon enough, Yena found herself in the center of the plaza. Stopping for a minute, her eyes flitted around the square. The huge trees were wrapped in multi-colored lights that cast a soft glow on the grass below. Lots of men sat underneath a particularly large tree playing chess. Children screamed and laughed in delight as the balloon man twisted his balloons into poodles and swords. Yena smiled.

When suddenly, she was nearly knocked over with a hug.

She turned around to find a stranger hugging her so tight you would have thought they'd been childhood besties. Hesitantly, Yena hugged back.

"I'm so so so sorry," the lady whispered.

"Er, are you... sure you're speaking to the right person?"

The lady's voice was shaky, like she was holding back a flood of tears. "Yes- I mean, kind of." She took a deep breath. They were still hugging. "There's a random dude following me and I'm, I... I don't like it."

"Oh okay. What's your name?"

"Kim Chaewon. You?"

"Choi Yena." Yena pulled away and smiled, and using a much louder voice, "It's so nice to see you again!"

The hysterical relief in the Chaewon's eyes was completely different to her casual laugh and her, "We haven't talked in forever!"

Yena giggled a friendly giggle and led Chaewon to a spot underneath a tiny aspen tree. Crossing her legs, she asked, "So, how's it been?"

Chaewon's lips tugged upward. "You know, it's been great. Adjusting to life as a single pringle. But otherwise, it's been fine. You?"

"Its been rather dull, actually. Painfully so. Although, I go to Collected Works every day which is always really fun."

"Oh, you go to Collected Works? Oh my god, I go there all the time! I work there!"

Yena laughed. It was always nice to meet another book fan. Chaewon's eyes darted back out to the crowd. Yena leaned in and whispered, "What does he look like?"

"He's kinda short, wearing all black, sunglasses."

It didn't take Yena long to spot him.

"Wow, he's really not going away, is he?"

Chaewon pursed her lips. "I suppose he isn't."

Yena paused and thought, just for a moment. "Want to come to my place for a little? I live in the apartment building on the corner, just there."

"No, no it's-" Chaewon looked back at the man. Her cheeks flooded a rosy pink. "Actually, yeah, that would be great."

A grin made its way to Yena's lips. "Let's go, then."

The girls stood and Yena threw her arm over Chaewon's shoulders. She giggled softly when Chaewon's pink cheeks turned a more crimson color.

Chaewon and Yena strolled back to Yena's apartment, talking and laughing on the way. Yena discovered that she really, really liked Chaewon's voice. It sounds kind of strange saying it out loud, but if you had heard her up close, you'd understand. Yena almost wanted to encourage her to sing every time she spoke with that smooth, clear tone or when her laugh floated like the snowflakes in the sky. It was really snowing now.

When the two made it to Yena's apartment, both hung their coats and Yena started making more hot cocoa because the more the merrier, right? Chaewon kept her lilac beanie on and Yena didn't have any objections. Chaewon was adorable with it on. Yena struggled not to strangle Chaewon in a huge hug as she just sat there in a ball, arms wrapped around her legs.

Yena handed Chaewon a huge, steaming mug and the two just sat there for a while, sipping their hot chocolate while the sounds of Santa Fe rung through the thin walls.

"So, you enjoying your stay at the Choi manor?"

Chaewon giggled. "It's been great, thanks."

They lapsed into a comfortable silence again. Chaewon gulped down her hot chocolate and checked her watch. She pouted.

"Oh man, I need to go."

Yena's lips also pushed into a pout. "Aw, okay."

Chaewon scratched the nape of her neck and awkwardly bit her lip. "Erm, actually..."

"Yeah?"

Chaewon mumbled something Yena couldn't identify. "Sorry?"

Taking a deep breath, Chaewon readied herself before looking up into Yena's eyes and said, "CanIhaveyournumber?"

"Uh, again please."

"Can I. Have your number. Please."

Yena burst into a fit of laughter. "Ah, you're so cute! I'm sorry, you're just- argh!" Chaewon swatted Yena's arm.

"So can I take that as a yes?"

"Mhm."

Chaewon handed Yena her phone. Yena handed it back.

"You've gotta unlock it first."

"Oh." Chaewon looked like she was trying to sink into the couch. After unlocking her phone, Chaewon handed it back to Yena, who typed in her number.

The two girls walked over to the door. Yena helped Chaewon back into her coat. When Chaewon turned around, both noticed how close their faces were. Yena's cheeks were a deep rouge.

"I-I... thank you."

"A-any t-time."

They stood there, awkwardly, for a few seconds before Chaewon kissed Yena's cheek and ran out the door.

The red on Yena's face turned five shades darker than it was previously.

She smiled.

*

This is what we call g a r b a g e sorry it kinda sucks but I was feeling like partial fluff so ha.