Past Lives (Kid AU) Pt. 1 - Chaekura

I think this is the first time I've been really invested in a more than one part oneshot. Which would make it a sixshot. But that's fine.

The way this is going to work is that this is essentially just a big collection of Chaekura oneshots - 5 that end badly and 1 that ends right. It's going to be really hard 'cause, you know, the side characters have to be different and all and I really like side characters, so I'm going to have to either cut down on them or use millions of other people outside of IZ*ONE. I'm not sure... maybe one of them will rejoin the story later on at a different age...

Btw, all of these are based off of the song Past Lives by BØRNS, so all of the quotes at the beginning of the chapters were written by either BØRNS or Thomas Schleiter.

Hopefully this'll lead to something that makes sense? And I think this is on the shorter side but it is technically a past life.

Enjoy!

*

Don't you remember that you were meant to be my queen of hearts, meant to be my love?

... baby child, I'm lost without your love

1914

*

 "I want to be the dragon!"

"No, I want to be the dragon!"

"No, I'm already the dragon!"

"I want to be the dragon too!"

Sakura shook her head at Yujin and Wonyoung. So immature.

There could obviously be two dragons, and besides, they had to save the princess.

"Guys, the dragon is over there already. The main point is that we need to rescue the princess! See?" Sakura eagerly pointed at the teacher, who was batting away Lee Chaeyeon's hand as she tried to reach for a crayon to finish her picture. All three girls could see Ms. Yeom waving her finger sternly at Chaeyeon who was pouting and staring wistfully at that blue crayon.

No one could remember when Sakura decided Chaeyeon would be the princess, but no one had argued either.

The three turned to stand in a huddle. "So," said Yujin. "We'll need two knights to cause a distraction." Thinking for a minute, she looked at her best friend. "Wonnie, can you cry about some kid from," Yujin wrinkled her nose, "the first grade classes?"

Wonyoung smiled wickedly. "Yeah."

Yujin grinned, eyes warming while staring at Wonyoung.

She continued her plan regardless. "When Ms. Teacher Lady comes over, Saku-chan should go over there and run with the princess out the door and into the library. Plan?"

Sakura nodded, lips turning upward. "It's a plan. Wonyoung, you ready?"

"Ready." Wonyoung was a very good actor for her age.

Just as Sakura moved back behind Ms. Yeom, Wonyoung shrieked and burst into tears. Bawling hysterically, she started pointing at a boy across the playground, babbling something about stealing and her favorite toy and how she was so, so sad because she had told her best friend she'd keep it safe. Yujin started screeching and yelling at a bewildered first-grader about how he'd taken the best toy out of all the toys. She grabbed Wonyoung's hand and pulled her along to the kid, who now looked completely and utterly terrified

Ms. Yeom pinched the bridge of her nose and quickly walked over to Wonyoung and Yujin, stopping them from hurting the boy and talking to them about violence and such.