SPOILERRRRRRRRRRRR - 2kimz

Felt bad so im giving u a raw draft of half of the 1st chappie of my 2kimz superhero book

If you understood that sentence, good on you.

*

"Trying to steal my burning building?"

I try to suppress a groan.

"I'm sorry to break it to you, but more flames aren't going to help an already raging fire," I spit at the flying girl. "And you're not the only hero here."

She tilts her head back and laughs. Laughs. I bite my cheek to keep back a long list of unsavory words.

"I am the only hero this city has seen." Wisps of her curly hair peek out from underneath her helmet, although I can't make out what color they are. "You are my archnemesis. You are the villain. And you seem to forget that fire is my specialty. This could all be gone if I didn't have to get you out of the way."

"You don't," I snap shortly. I don't care enough about Glow to waste my time subduing her.

However, I do have to win the argument.

"Taking away fire doesn't take away the damage." I scowl. "That's why you need me. I'm here to put it out and make sure the entire skyscraper doesn't fall in the process."

"Ice never lasts long in the face of heat. Let that be a lesson to you." With that, Glow extends her arm out behind her. My legs automatically loosen and then tense, exactly my shoulder width apart, left just a little in front of my right.

When she tosses the fire at me, I dart away, back into the building.

People yell from below the staircase in the middle of the room. I almost run down to see if I can help them before I catch what they're saying:

"Up there!"

"I think they're both at the top!"

"Hurry! Catch them!"

"Load your guns!"

I sigh. Police.

Sure, I get why they hate Glow and I - we take away from their jobs and on rare occasion, we make their jobs even harder, but we help. I help. I don't understand why they can't see that.

A growl bubbles up in my throat. How do I get out of here?

I can't fly like glow. What can I do?

Stalling, I briefly run to the window to take a deep breath, which cools my lungs that have been gradually filling with smoke. The cold settles at the bottom of my stomach. I imagine it growing and growing and growing, filling my ribcage, traveling down my legs, and down into my fingertips.

My eyes open wider to take in my surroundings, a habit from when I couldn't control the curse I have to live with now.

I aim four fingers at the stairwell and will the cold to explode from my hand.

I fall back on my right foot at the power of my gift.

Curse. Gift.

The two seem the same to me now.

The sheet of ice covering the stairs is thick, but it's already melting, seeing as the floor it's resting on is getting hotter and hotter by the minute from the fires it's sandwiched in-between.

Think think think think think.

What can I do? What can I do that neither Glow or the police can?

The obvious answer: ice.

And what can ice do that will get me out of this fiery monstrosity?

I look out the window, sky looking endless as ever.

I turn back toward the police, who are madly pounding on the ice I've blocked the stairs with.

I let my gaze linger for a second longer.

And then I jump.

*

Firstly: I suck y'all are amazing thank u for reading this story even though I haven't updated in like five years

Secondly: Go read Ricotta Cheesecake by ashensprites (not tagging them cuz that would be awkward lol). It's Kangbi and Hiinak and I'm in love. Also it was one of the first stories I ever read on wattpad.

Thirdly: Run Away by TXT is literally perfection

How have y'all been doing in my absence and would you like an eye or lip reveal?

Ik it's random, but I don't want to give my face or my hands to the internet (both are too ugly lol)

Btw, this is my last post before I go for 2 weeks w/out a device, so because I most likely won't write very much, I wanted to make up for that.

With an eye reveal.

Logic at its finest.

Help.

Also I have decided that if/when/once I finish my LOONA oneshots book, im going to write skz oneshots so any stays feel free to read that. When I post it. In five years.

Currently writing in no apparent order:

- Saga of Chaekura Things: I have, like, 3.765 almost finished?

- Android AU (hyekkura): yeah no im going to need some time on this one

- Roommate AU (kangbi ft ssamyen): *silence*

- Arranged Marriage AU (2kimz): I have hope for this one

- Childhood enemies AU (annyeongz): Will definitely take a long time

- Tattoo shop AU (kangbi): Brilliant idea = has not been expanded upon