Werewolf AU Pt. 2 - 2kimz

TW?: A little violent. And maybe a little gory. 

Wassup my peeps I'm back :)

*

Chaewon woke in a cell, gagged, handcuffed, and ankle cuffed. Her head throbbed worse than it had that night with Lu- no, with Minju. Of course, the pain of being smacked with a hydro flask was enough to make pain pulse in her head, but there were so many thoughts flying and bouncing around in her skull that she was getting a headache.

Minju was a werewolf.

It was all an act.

She had never cared for her.

And suddenly, Chaewon was crying. Hot tears rolled down her cheeks, warming her face and irritating it. Her cheek was pressed against a smooth, stone floor covered in dust, but she couldn't wipe away her tears and the dust now sticking to her cheek nor could she stop crying. She had cried out everything - her love, her happiness, her anguish. She did not hear, she did not feel. She was merely a shell. She cursed her memories of Minju.

Minju.

The sound of her name brought back Chaewon's hate.

She screamed and the pureness of her note echoed with anger. Agony and bile coated her throat. Her sobs heaved and hiccuped through her lips uncontrollably. Chaeyeon was still stuck here and she was going to be stuck here forever. Chaewon now really understood how bad it was to be stuck in a cage. She was going to have to make sure to let Chaeri go out more often.

Realizing the stupidity of this, she laughed. The sound was empty and bitter. She could feel the coldness in her tone ring throughout her throat and stomach. If she even saw her dog again, she'd probably cry of relief.

But she might not even see the light of day ever again, much less her precious dog.

And then and there, she decided she wasn't going to cry. She was going to sit up, hair matted, face blotched and puffy, and she was going to smile. It didn't matter how cold and cruel the smile was - she wasn't going to show any signs of weakness. It didn't matter how broken she was. It didn't matter how much her insides screamed for help. She'd be as cruel as Minju had been.

So she sat up. Stood, even. It proved to be a little difficult, seeing as her arms and legs were bound and she was gagged. But she stood and leaned against the wall, and the nonchalance in her stance almost made it seem like she was waiting for the bus to pick her up for school instead of sitting there in handcuffs.

But already, she felt a little bit better.

*

"Alpha Kim Minju, are you paying attention?" Minju's head snapped back to the lady lecturing her. Stares of other alphas all flitted to her place around the circular table. Her cheeks burned.

Who decided it was a good idea for werewolves to have a board meeting? It was stupid.

Haseul snickered behind her. She unnoticeably stepped on Haseul's toe. Haseul discreetly stuck her tongue out until Saerom told them both to stop being babies. 

Minju turned back to the painfully boring presentation of some new enemy. It was bad enough to have the police force trying to track down their "gang", but now another group of people were after them. Not even people - some entirely new creature made out of silver. Minju shivered at the thought.

Before she had found her pack, her family, she'd been... weird. Strange. She had no friends. But her foster parents had loved her.

So once, when she was alone, she snuck into her mom's room and had picked up a necklace. It was gold and it fit. Delighted, she had tried on a pair of clip on earrings. They dangled from her ears with little diamond replicas of hearts. And finally, she had picked up a ring. The ring itself was probably platinum, but the top had a flat engraving of a wolf. She was curious when she first picked it up and she dropped it into her hand. Almost immediately, her hand seared with pain. She screamed and thrown it out of her hand, tears blurring her vision. But even through the hurt and the sobs, she could see a tiny picture of a wolf burned into her hand.