Mafia AU - 2kimz

(I'm the mafia-ya, we do it like a mafia)

(Stream In The Morning by ITZY)

@WizOnceBlinkNeverlan sup bro here's ur oneshot :) Also, I remembered you saying 2kimz ft Hyeyul so there's a super super tiny bit of Hyeyul in here too. Also this kind of relates to the spy au so some hiinak as well. Also I'm so so sorry that it took so freaking long to post this massive piece of gárbágé. Also sorry for spelling errors - it was so long that I decided not to check. I'm a lazy child.

Celia I can see you get out of my oneshot. 

I will explain that sentence, but I'm going to make sure that she leaves before I tell u guys.

Btw half of the people here get to be like thirty or something in this one while, like, four people (I think) are around their regular age as of 2021.

*

My heels don't "click" on the floor as I walk through my building. No one wears heels. That would be stupid, impractical. The fact that people think that a member of the mafia would wear heels purely for the style is stupid unless they're talking about free time. I wear combat boots. But the thing about the black jeans and black tee with the jacket is true. Black is a good color.

I pass by hundreds of black shirts and hoodies and cargo pants as I walk past my workers. The funny thing is, people commonly assume that the boss wears heels and people hear their boss's footsteps as they pass by, but if anyone hears me then I'll have to consider myself a failure. Silence is key in this job.

This morning is going to be terribly bothersome. A subunit went along and failed to finish the dirty work so I'll probably end up doing it. So... yeah. Fun.

"Kimmy, these ones are all yours," my partner Hitomi says, smirk playing over her features. "How was your seven hour break?"

"Fantastic. I took up crosswords. D'you know an eleven letter word for 'bright'?"

"Nope. I'm not cut out for that kind of thing." Hitomi flashes me a teasing smile. 

We went to the same elementary school. She's won multiple spelling bees and vocabulary quizzes and tests. She already knows exactly what the word is.

Jerk.

I roll my eyes a little and send her back an equally irritating smile. "Gonna go meet your girl?"

"Yup."

My mood changes faster than... than something fast. Any other time, I might have squealed, picked out Hitomi's outfit, pinched her cheeks as a blush spread across her face. Unfortunately, it was work, so I had to settle for the smiling the sweetest smile I could and discreetly squeezing Hitomi's hand.

A few days ago, Hitomi had met a government spy who had asked her on a date. Of course, she had accepted. Literally one date later, they both met, discussed the stupid mistakes they made, pulled guns on one another, and decided to be girlfriends. We're not necessarily worried about Nako rejoining the government because she joined us and is officially-unofficially one of our most important agents. And she does genuinely love Hitomi. You don't need a lie detector to tell that (even though we did use one just in case).

My eyes trail after Hitomi as I step into the small hallway that separates me from the unit which separates me from the victim. I collect my wishes of free time, teasing my best friend, and having a somewhat normal life and I open the door to the interrogation room.

Four pairs of eyes stare back at me and suddenly I can tell why the mission failed. I sigh and shake my head at their wide stares and evident fear practically radiating off of their squared shoulders.