Color Soulmate AU - Ssamjin

@Jenliswag_06 (again, sorry if I spelled that wrong), you seem to always catch me with something I have never written before XD. Hahah, what I mean is I hope this doesn't suck too much. Enjoyyyy :)

*

As soon as she had known about soulmates, Chaewon had longed to travel the world. She wanted to meet her soulmate as soon as possible, and this seemed the best way. 

And finally, after years of saving up and working late hours and extra hours and filling-in hours, Chaewon clutched her 'Round The World' plane ticket in her hands. Her knuckles were turning white at the strength that she clenched the ticket with. The weight of her backpack was pulling down her shoulders and she could barely keep her eyes open because it was so early, but frankly, Chaewon couldn't care less. She was just happy that for once, she had worked hard and she had achieved something. 

She had memorized the stops - she was in the parking lot of the Boston airport right now as she had driven for an hour from her house on Powder Point. She lived near the bay and the beach in Duxbury. Anyways, after Boston, her first stop was Fernando de Noronha Island in Brazil, then Antananarivo in Madagascar, then Marrakesh, then Seville, and from there there were another ten stops which were Portugal, Paris, Saint Petersburg, Kathmandu, Seoul, Ulaanbaatar, Okinawa Island, Hancock Park, Anchorage, and Vancouver. She sighed and a smile made its way to her lips. 

Chaewon shivered as the wind flew through her thin sweatshirt, as if reminding her that she had places to be. She walked a little faster through the crispness of the morning to catch a shuttle bus. 

"Gate C or D?" 

"C." 

Gates C and D were the only gates open at 2:27 in the morning.

Chaewon shook a little as the warm air in the bus surrounded her. She set her backpack on her lap. Sitting next to her was a strange, tall girl wearing black jeans embroidered with... well, a bunch of random stuff. There was a tiny, white skull on the pocket, but there was a bunch of silvery roses on her knee. Butterflies covered the upper part of her thigh and the lower had granite colored eighth notes and treble clefs. Interesting. Chaewon glanced up at the stranger's face. 

Holy crap. 

She was gorgeous. Her hair was tied at the back of her head in a messy knot and her bangs hung over her eyes. Her skin was unblemished and her lips, a lovely light grey, looked soft enough to- 

Chaewon blushed. Shut up, Chaewon, she chastised herself. 

Chaewon looked out the window. 

"Thank you," she called out the the bus driver and after handing him a few dollars as a tip, she rushed through the freezing, icy air and through the doors of the airport. The wheel of her suitcase snagged on the rug a little, but not so much that she couldn't easily pull it out. 

She was finally here. 

After joining the pre-check line, putting her bag through the scan-y x-ray-y thing, buying some water, and waiting for ages in the chairs by the entrance to the plane, Chaewon boarded and chose a good seat at the very back of the plane. Readying herself for a long trip, she tightened her seatbelt and pulled her headphones over her ears. 

Chaewon's eyes adjusted to the light as she woke up to the sound of people shifting around and talking. Brazil.

Tiredly, she undid her seatbelt and lugged her backpack from under the seat in front of her.

Chaewon had been looking forward to this stop - it was so pretty, she had been sure she would find someone. The lovely, clear, grey waters, the silver, pristine beaches, the steep rocks, the lush black and slate colors of the plants, what was not to like?