Fake Dating AU - Ahnyeongz

"Why, out of all the people you could ask, are you asking me?"

Wonyoung rolled her eyes. "I don't have any friends."

"That's evident enough. So why ask me?"

"Because you're my enemy."

"Honey, not everything is black and white."

"Well, I can certainly tell what's darker to what's lighter."

Yujin locked her jaw and stared at Wonyoung. Wonyoung glared back at her.

Yujin squinted her eyes. Wonyoung squinted her eyes.

Yujin sighed. "What's in it for me?"

"Math homework for a month."

"That works."

"Then let's be on our way."

Wonyoung inspected Yujin's outfit, and after deeming it "passable", the two girls headed out to the car. Over the four hour drive to Wonyoung's mother's house, they established everything - when they started "dating", where they met, what they did on their first date, etc. Wonyoung made sure to list the worst of her family members - her aunt, her obnoxious cousins, and her ridiculously overprotective older brother.

Wonyoung hated family reunions. Every year, it was, "Have you got yourself a boyfriend?", or "Why are you still single?". She hated it. She hated it so much. She hated her aunt for looking so freaking displeased when she said she was lesbian and in fact, did not have a girlfriend. She hated when her cousins would go all giggly on her and chat about their boyfriends. In general, she just hated talking to her family. She was there for her family to brag about, but they couldn't brag about her if she didn't have a significant other.

Her brother was okay. Slightly oblivious, sweet, caring, just a big softie in general. But everyone else was absolute trash.

Hence her plan. Her whole family knew of her gayness, so why not bring a girlfriend? That's where Yujin came in. Acting as her girlfriend, Yujin could get her out of conversations and save her from the people that she happened to be inconveniently related to.

They pulled into the driveway. Wonyoung breaked, and they just sat there for a minute. And then Yujin did the most unexpected thing she had ever done.

She reached her hand over to the steering wheel, where Wonyoung's hand stay lay, and set her hand on top of Wonyoung's. "It's gonna be fine. We prepared."

Wonyoung turned to her and smiled. "It's gonna be absolutely amazing, but fine."

"... that was sarcasm, yes?"

"Since when have I not spoken fluent sarcasm?"

The two stepped out of the car and opened a tiny gate in front of Wonyoung's mom's door. Wonyoung's hand hovered over the doorbell and she turned to Yujin. Hesitantly, she bit her lip. "Should we be holding hands?"

"Probably."

"Right then."

So awkwardly holding hands and looking opposite directions, Wonyoung's fingers gently pressed down on the doorbell.

"Wonyoung! Hi-" A short girl with way too much makeup and hair products stopped mid-sentence. She quickly gathered her hair to one side of her head blinked her overly mascaraed eye lashes. "Who's this?" She bit her lip.

(is mascaraed a word?)

Yujin gave a fake smile - a really obvious one - and laid her head on Wonyoung's shoulder. Wonyoung wasn't sure if her face was hot because of anger at her cousin or because Yujin turned her head slightly to press her lips to Wonyoung's neck.