Drunk and Recently Broken Up AU - Annyeongz

WARNING: Mentions of alcohol and stuff.

*

It was loud at the bar. She couldn't tell if she was crying till she was laughing or laughing until she was sobbing her heart out. The alcohol absorbed her tall, lithe figure, warmth coursing through her whole body. Drink after drink she slowly lost perspective over her surroundings and frankly, she had lost what little grasp she might have had over her life. Flooding her system, the alcohol fought with her brain for control over her movements.

Suffering from a broken heart was not something Jang Wonyoung did for a living. It wasn't even something she had experienced before ever in her life. Worse is that she herself caused it. This wasn't just a case of self blame - Wonyoung literally caused it. Three months ago, Wonyoung broke up with her girlfriend of six and a half years.

And just now, she realized what a big freaking mistake that was.

So she sat here, crying over stupid decisions, sobbing over lost time, choking up over kisses wasted. Laughing at her naivety, laughing at her lack of confidence, laughing at how dumb it was that after three months of making the decision, she was not only destroying her mind for the moment but giving herself one heck of a hangover for tomorrow.

The noise at the club, the blurring of her mind, the constant refilling of glasses provided a strange comfort to Wonyoung. With forgetfulness, with ignorance, even if it only lasted a few hours, came bliss. So she stayed, and downing shots one after the other, she could barely even remember what she was crying over. Just that it made her heart hurt. So, so bad. It made her want to scream and kick and cry, but also to just sob silently in a corner so that no one could see her. It made her breathing heavy and it made her eyes burn. It made her want- no, it mad her have to cry those tears that you can't stop because they just keep coming, chest heaving, face contorted in pain.

Although, even after running out of tears left to cry, her face was still painfully contorted in some mixture of a scowl and a frown.

And she was so messed up that she couldn't understand why there was this clench in her heart. How it pinched harder when someone, particularly girls with short hair and bangs, asked her to hang out or whatever. How she couldn't stand the fact that people wanted to be around her. Why was she rejecting these people? What was she looking for?

And Wonyoung, being more wasted than she'd ever been, called the person she trusted most to take her home. Her first friend, her best friend. The person that she'd always trusted.

"Yujinnie?"

Yujin seemed to be just as tired as Wonyoung when she answered, "Er, Wonyoung? What's that music? Where are you?"

Relieved that she had answered, although not sure why, Wonyoung replied "C-can you come p-pick me up? I'm at-"

"You're not drinking, are you? Oh of course you are. I'll be there in," Yujin paused and gave a resigned sigh. "Ten minutes. Ten minutes okay? Just wait for me."

"Th-thanks Jin-ah."

She hung up. And almost the second she put her phone away, someone called to her.

"Hey, what's a girl like you doing outside alone?"

An older dude walked up to Wonyoung. "I-I'm just here t-to drink."

The man laughed, although for some reason, it seemed more menacing to Wonyoung then friendly.

But what did she know? She couldn't even tell why she was drinking in the first place.

The man was getting closer and closer, chatting about something Wonyoung didn't really care about. Or, she didn't care about him and was going to ignore him, until he wrapped an arm around her waist and grabbed her wrist. She struggled to tear out of his grasp, going from annoyed to downright terrified in a few seconds. Her heart was beating too fast. He whispered in her ear, "Not trying to get away now, are we?"