Coffee-Shop-Name-Spelling-Messing-Up AU - Chaekura

The first time she walked in, I had thought I was dreaming.

Partially it was because she was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen in my entire life and partially because she was wearing a shirt that said "Hug me!" 

I don't know, okay? I'd felt like hugs around then.

Her hair was dark, a tinted ash kind of a color that faded into red at the bottom. Hoop earrings hung from her ears and a thin gold chain was strung around her neck. Her shirt was white and short sleeved with a turtleneck, and of course, it read "Hug me!" Over the shirt, she wore a plaid flannel that tucked into her beige pants and huge black belt. A smile ghosted over her lips as she looked down at her phone.

"Excuse me? Are you okay?" The customer in front of me waved. Face warming, I mumbled my apologies before taking her order. I made my way through everyone in the line one by one and then she came up. Grinning, I practically flew around the counter, gave her a quick hug, and then ran back to the register. She was smiling now, giggling under her breath.

"What can I get you today?"

Still smiling, she answered, "I'll have an iced latte, thanks."

"And a name?"

"Miyawaki Sakura."

"Cool."

I rushed around, trying to make every little refined detail of this iced latte perfect. Before I poured it into the cup, I wrote, "Miyawaki Sakkurah". When I finished it, I handed it to her. She read the name and burst out laughing. I bit the inside of my cheek, wanting to laugh with her even though I had no idea what she was laughing about.

"Here, my name is spelled like this. M-I-Y-A-W-A-K-I-S-A-K-U-R-A."

"Oh." I scratched the nape of my neck. "Sorry. I'm not a huge spelling kind of a person."

"No worries."

On her way out, she winked at me. I think I sat there staring and gaping for a few minutes before the first customer in line got mad and yelled at me.

*

I thought that would be the last I saw of her. It's not often that the same memorable people come back every day to a small coffee shop in the middle of nowhere when there are plenty of Starbucks locations barely fifteen minutes away. But she showed up again.

When she came to the front of the line, I gave her a half smile and cocked my head. "Hi. What can I get you today, Miyawaki Sakkurah?" I said, putting the emphasis on the "rah" part.

She rolled her eyes and gave a teasing grin.

"I'll just have an iced latte."

"Sounds good."

Rushing around, I made her latte. On her cup, I wrote, "Meeyawakie Sakura :)". I made an absolute fool of myself and I was blushing as I handed it back to her, but her floating laugh was totally worth it.

*

The third time she came in, she was wearing this huge, blue sweater and black jeans. Honestly the cutest thing I had ever seen.

"Didn't know you wore glasses. They're cute." I beamed at her.

"I'll have a latte, thanks." I stuck out my tongue at her basic answer. She gave me an evil grin before heading over to a booth to rest and do some homework in peace.

She looked tired. College students always did.

Deciding she needed a good laugh, I printed in my neatest and most noble handwriting, "Mi-ah-oo-ah-kee Sackooraa."

Her laughter pealed like bells, echoing around the shop. A soft smile spread across my face when her laugh made it to my ears.

*

Sakkurah came back every single day for an iced latte and each time I wrote something more and more ridiculous on her cup. "Miyawaki Sakura" soon became "Miehowahkeh Ssahcurah". Each time, she laughed like that one name on one of her many iced lattes was worth the world to her. Honestly, her laugh was the world to me.

When she showed up for the twenty second time, I wasn't surprised. Flashing my brightest smile, I asked, "And today?"

"Something dark."

"Ooh, spicy. How dark?"

"As dark as my soul."

"... you want some milk?"

"Shut up." She reached over the counter to slap my arm. "I'll just have my latte, thanks."

"Name?"

"Like you don't already know."

"Come on, it's protocol. Name?"

"Lee Chaeyeon."

"Why you gotta be so disagreeable today?" I sighed dramatically and shook my head. She playfully punched me in the shoulder.

"Mi. Ya. Wa. Ki. Sa. Ku. Ra," she said, articulating each syllable individually and harshly.

"Number?"

"Ooh, that was bold."

"Feeling bold on this fine morning. Was that a number I heard?"

Addressing the cup to a "Me-yah-wah-key Sah-coo-ra", I wrote out my number on the cup. Handing it to her, she and I exchanged - I gave her a coffee and she handed me a slip of paper.

Call me :) Let's get a coffee together. XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Yeah.

...

......

.........

So anyways we're married now-

*

Gosh darn it I thought these oneshots were getting longer. I was on a roll - more than a thousand words each time!

I'm back down to 833.

Anyways my bros, sorry this is kind of just, like, fluffy and stuff but that's what I'm here for and that's what I felt like today lol.

Thx for reading, I love you all (10,000 FREAKING READS?!?!) and ᴵ'ˡˡ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ʳᵉᵠᵘᵉˢᵗˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃⁿʸ ˢʰᶦᵖ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ᴵ'ˡˡ ᶠᶦⁿᵈ ᵃ ᵖʳᵒᵐᵖᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ᶦᵗ :)

Currently writing in no particular order: 

- Spy AU (hiinak): Still haven't worked on it but imma work on it today

- Android AU (hyekkura): Are you ready for it? I got........... 4 WORDS! 

- Roommate AU (kangbi ft ssamyen)

- Arranged Marriage AU (2kimz)

- Childhood enemies AU (annyeongz):

- Tattoo shop AU (kangbi)

- If every crack - whether it's in the sidewalk or it's a wash canyon - is a broken heart, what's the story behind the Grand Canyon? (yulyen and its gonna be painfullll)

- Valentines day cards (annyeongz, 2kimz, hiinak, chaekura, yenyul, & kangbi) and I'm only gonna post this after I post a fic cuz it took me a grand total of 10 seconds to finish reading.