Chapter sixty three - Escape

You were walking along a long corridor in silence with Valkyrie. It would have been awkward even if you hadn't been holding on to her arm in order to make you both invisible.

You'd bid farewell to Loki, Thor and Bruce about one minute ago. Loki and Thor were going to steal a ship strong enough to get through the wormhole, and Bruce was going to wait in Valkyrie's ship for you and her to get back, after you'd armed a revolution. You were feeling only slightly panicked.

"What's the deal with you and lackey then." Valkyrie asked stiffly. Was she trying to make conversation?

"It's Loki. And..."

"Let me guess, you're in love." she said, pulling a face.

"If you like." you replied with a small, slightly nervous laugh.

"You can see it when you look at each other." she told you. How were you supposed to reply to that? Thank you?

"You're lucky. Don't let it go." she told you abruptly. You were taken aback, but tried not to show it.

"I don't plan on it."

You had to fall silent then, as two guards passed you going in the opposite direction. When they were gone, you'd finally thought of something to say.

"Valkyrie..."

"Call me Val. We're stuck together for the time being so best not to mess around with niceties."

You smiled.

"Val then. I can actually teleport; it'll be faster than walking." you told her.

"Well why didn't you say so when we left my apartment?" she asked, stopping short.

"It's quite an odd experience, I wanted to check you were alright with it."

"Yes, I am." she told you firmly.

You closed your eyes; picturing the holding cell you'd been in earlier, and teleported. When your feet hit the ground you grabbed a tight hold of Val's arm, correctly preempting that she would fall over.

"You good?" you asked.

"Yeah, yep." she said, straightening up and letting go of your arm, becoming instantly visible to all of the prisoners. You quickly made yourself visible too.

"Does anyone here know a Korg?" you asked.

"Y/N! Welcome back." Korg said loudly, appearing from around a corner with Miek.

"Hey Korg. Remember that revolution you were telling me about?"

...

The prisoners had been extremely easy to rally, as you'd been expecting, and once armed they posed rather a bigger threat than you'd anticipated. Not that that was your problem.

After you'd freed the prisoners, you and Val had teleported to her ship (Warsong: even her ship was cool) where Bruce was waiting for you.

"Are you guys okay? Did the prisoners rally?" he asked anxiously as Valkyrie settled into the pilots seat and gestured for you to sit in the chair next to her.

"Oh they rallied alright. Now we just need to hope the guards are too preoccupied to notice the Grandmaster's biggest ship being taken." Val said cheerfully as the ship rose into the air; Bruce sat down heavily and put his seatbelt on.

"There's not much point Bruce, we're not sticking around on here for very long." you reminded him.

"I'd actually like to survive long enough to be able to get off of this ship and on to the next one." he retorted, holding on for dear life. You felt a rush of exhilaration as the ship raced forwards into the open air, and a wide grin spread across Val's face. Bruce had his eyes shut.