Chapter thirty five - In which you go home

Author's note: Hey guys, so after today I will ONLY be posting here on a Wednesday and that's a promise, to myself more than anything XD I've now caught up with posting on AO3 so there are no extra chapters over there anymore, I'll be posting there on a Monday and here on a Wednesday! Hope you enjoy this chapter (also I'm sorry about last chapter hehe) (also is this gif the best thing ever or is it the best thing ever?) <3

...

Eventually, you slept well in the massive four poster bed, despite not being able to fall asleep long after you lay down. It was no mystery to you why that was. You woke up early, or you assumed you did, because the sun had only just come up when you got out of bed. It had taken you a second to realise that what had happened last night hadn't been a dream, and when you did you couldn't supress the massive grin which spread across your face.

Remembering the promise you'd made to your parents about visiting them again before you returned home, you got dressed and made your way through the palace (assuming you were allowed to leave), eventually managing to find your way out after several wrong turns. There was hardly anyone about as you made your way to your parents' home and you found yourself once again struck by the sheer beauty of Asgard. You loved it here, and much as you missed your friends and the tower, you weren't ready to leave yet.

Luckily, Ivor was up and answered the door when you knocked, inviting you in for breakfast. You spent the best part of the morning there, until there was a knock at the door a few hours later.

Thor did not look good. He didn't suit being hungover.

"Lady Y/N, it is almost time for us to depart. I'm to escort you back to the palace." he told you, nodding his head as your parents bowed and curtsied.

"Sure, can we have a minute?" you asked, and he nodded and stepped away from the door; your father pushed it shut. Your mother cried again saying goodbye, but you wouldn't, adamant that you'd visit regularly.

"Be careful around Loki, won't you." your father asked, right as you were about to leave.

"I- yes. Of course." you replied, feeling only slightly guilty.

You had to leave quickly before you got emotional, and Thor didn't say a word to you as you walked back up to the palace, sensing that you weren't in a talking mood. And he probably had a splitting headache. You wondered how much the literal god of thunder had to drink before he got drunk enough to have a hangover the next day. A lot.

The throne room was less daunting without Odin sat on the throne; Frigga was talking to Loki at the bottom of the steps leading up to the huge golden seat. When you reached them you received a brief glance of acknowledgment from Loki, nothing more. Which was more than could be said for Thor, you supposed. You could sense the anger Loki felt towards Thor just from standing near to him; you struggled not to feel happy about it. He was angry because Thor had interrupted the two of you last night, when...

"Y/N, I'm so sorry this visit was tainted with bad news. I hope you can forgive Odin and I for what we had to do, and know that you are always welcome here on Asgard." Frigga was saying, and you snapped out of your daydream to listen to what she was saying.

"Thank you." you said simply, neither confirming nor denying that you would forgive them. It wasn't as though Odin was overly bothered, having not even showed up at say goodbye. You wouldn't forgive them, but you weren't about to say that to her face, especially when she was looking at you with such kindness and concern. You expected she already knew.

"And before you go, I'm aware there has been some... speculation, about the fact that Odin may be your father."

At this Thor turned to look at Frigga incredulously, but she held up a hand.