Chapter twenty - In which you throw up in a sink

Author's note: Hey guys, hope you're all doing okayy, this lockdown has got me doing some crazy shit, today I did over an hour of exercise... what is this madness! My stomach is killing, I don't think I've ever used my abs before XD Here's chapter twenty (how am I posting chapter twenty already send help, I'm currently writing (procrastinating about writing) chapter twenty nine so y'all better get ready for bigger gaps in between updates) (even though that makes no sense because I have more time now than I ever have??), I hope you enjoy! Also if you haven't already go listen to 5SOS's new album it's soo good. Okay byee <3 

...

When you woke up you didn't know where you were, and it took you a few seconds to remember what had happened. Oh, that was right, you'd been kidnapped.

Shit. You'd been kidnapped. And if the team had been right before, your kidnappers wanted to take your magic away from you. You sat up abruptly, taking in your surroundings. You'd been lying on a small, uncomfortable wooden bed and the room you were in looked almost like a prison cell, with nothing more than a toilet, a sink and a desk with nothing on it. It was damp and cold; the metal door on the other side of the room was locked when you got up and tried to open it. You weren't sure what you'd been expecting. There was a sharp pain in your side, presumably from where you'd been rugby tackled earlier. How long ago had that been?

Returning to sit on the wooden bed, you tried to stay calm. The others would be looking for you, without a shadow of a doubt. If they were okay... what if the black figures had got them all? No, that was ridiculous, they would be okay. And they would be looking for you. You would be fine too until they arrived, you had your magic. They couldn't take it from you. Momentarily reminded of something Loki had said to you on the night you'd found out that you were Asgardian, you clasped your hands together tightly.

'It's not something that can be taken away from someone, apart from under extreme circumstances.'

Did this count as extreme circumstances? You hoped not. You wondered if Loki knew you were missing yet. Had the others gone back to the tower without you, or stayed to search for you? The thought of them all back at the tower without you made you feel utterly isolated, and you struggled to stay optimistic. Would Loki be mad, upset, worried? Would he even care?

Your thoughts were interrupted as the metal door produced a metallic clunking sound and opened slowly; you swiftly got to your feet, ready to defend yourself. You had been expecting armed guards come to escort you somewhere, but instead you were met with the sight of an elderly lady, probably in her mid-fifties, alone.

"Y/N, hello. Please don't be alarmed, sit." she said, gesturing at the bed behind you.

You didn't move.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?"

"Questions! Be patient, I will explain. Now sit." she said slightly more forcefully than before, and this time you obliged, disconcerted by this woman.

She perched on the edge of the desk, taking you in.

"Why am I here?" you asked again, needing answers.

"If you let me talk, I will explain. We have identified you as a danger to society, and have chosen to neutralise you as a threat."

"Neutralise me?" you repeated, fear rising in your throat.

"Oh don't be silly, we don't want to kill you, we just need to separate you and the destructive force which has attached itself to you."

What the hell was this crazy old lady talking about?

"What destructive force? You mean this?" you asked, holding out your hand to show her the purple mist. She shifted away from you slightly.

"I would appreciate if you didn't summon that in such a confined space." she told you. She was afraid.