Chapter sixty eight - Midgard

"No! No, no, no-"

You were shouting, screaming as you hurtled through space, knowing all the while that it was utterly pointless. The only person who could hear you was Bruce, and even he seemed to be unconscious. There was no one to hear your cries. Relief that you had escaped, anger at Heimdall and fear for Loki and Thor crushed your chest, and all the while you were still reeling from being tortured with the Power stone.

You'd never felt so helpless in your life.

Suddenly you reached wherever it was Heimdall had sent you; it wasn't a graceful landing. You and Bruce smashed through a large window set into a roof and crashed to the ground; fresh pain lanced through your body again and almost sent you back into blissful unconsciousness.

Almost.

You rolled over, your whole body convulsing as new waves of agony swept over you.

"Y/N?" a familiar American accent invaded your consciousness. Bruce was staggering to his feet; you heard him stumble and crash into something.

"Thanos." he said stupidly.

"Whoa, hold on. Y/N, can you hear me?" Strange asked you; you opened your eyes and sent your gaze upwards to the hole in the ceiling which you and Bruce had presumably just created, and to the sky above. Loki was up there, with Thanos. Fear and desperation gripped you so tightly that you could barely breathe.

"I have to go back." you croaked, struggling to your feet, pushing through the pain. There was another man now, helping you tentatively to your feet. Your entire body was glowing purple.

"Thanos, he's coming." Bruce stressed, grabbing Strange by the shoulders.

"I need to go back!" you said loudly, pointing at the sky. You were aware that you probably sounded mental, but it was the only thing you knew. Loki... and Thor... you actually doubled over from the awful, burning dread that had settled heavily on your chest, squeezing your eyes shut. Surely this was some awful nightmare that you were about to wake up from.

"She's in shock."

"I'm not in shock!" you shouted, tears running down your face. You'd been unaware that you were crying, "I need to go back, I have to-"

"Wong, find Stark. We need him."

It took you a few seconds to realise what Strange had said to the man who had helped you to your feet.

"Y/N, you need to calm down. Is Thanos really coming?" Strange said, now speaking to you.

"He's after the Infinity stones." you told him, "Is there one on Midgard?"

As you spoke, his hand moved to a circular pendant hanging on the chain around his neck.

"Is that...?"

"The Time stone. Where are Loki and Thor?"

Your breath caught in your throat.

"Loki had the Space stone." you whispered. Bruce was watching you sadly. Strange nodded but said nothing.

"Can you get me back?" you asked Strange desperately.

"Back to where?" he replied pityingly.

You opened your mouth, unable to rid your mind of Loki's panicked, tear stained face. A pained groan escaped you as you turned away and buried your face in your hands.

"Found him." Wong said suddenly, opening a portal in the air ahead of him.

"Follow me." Strange told you and Bruce, and walked through the portal. You allowed Bruce to take your arm and lead you to follow him to emerge in a park. Before you were a bewildered looking Tony and Pepper.