Chapter ninety one - Happily Ever After (part one)

You thought you might be about to throw up.

This was the most nervous you'd ever been, without a doubt. Which, when you thought about it, was absurd. You had been through hell and back, and now all you had to do was walk down a piece of carpet in front of your closest friends and family and you were shaking like a leaf at the mere thought of it.

I'm going to throw up.

No you're not.

I really think I am.

Y/N, calm down. This'll all be over soon.

You could try to sound a bit more excited about our actual wedding day.

Sorry, I am. I think I might throw up too, actually.

You smiled, relaxing your grip on the bouquet of flowers you were holding.

"Are you talking to him? That's cheating!" Sif asked you, smiling. She looked gorgeous in her bridesmaids dress.

"It's not cheating! It's helping." you replied, looking over your shoulder to see where your other two bridesmaids had got to. Val was chasing Morgan (who, incidentally, was squealing with laughter) across the lawn of Tony and Pepper's cabin, trying to get her to stand nicely ahead of you and failing miserably.

It was two weeks after you'd sat on the hill and watched the sunrise in Wakanda. You were stood in the porch with Sif, waiting to walk around the corner and down the aisle to Loki.

You couldn't have asked for better weather. The sky was a perfect blue and it was fairly warm, but not too warm. Everything looked amazing; Pepper had pulled out all the stops to make everything perfect for you.

Please hurry up. Thor is getting on my nerves.

Oh, leave him. He's excited for you.

He's annoying.

You were prevented from replying by Nat and Tony emerging from the house.

"Ta da!" Nat said, gesturing towards you with a flourish. She'd been over the moon when you'd asked her to be your maid of honour. Almost as happy as Tony had been when you'd asked him to give you away.

You smiled at Tony and held out your arms spinning in a slow circle for him. Once you were in your dress and your hair and make-up were done you'd been happy with the result. You'd considered casting an illusion to hide the scar on your face, but Loki had beat that idea into the ground almost the second you'd thought of it.

"Don't you dare." he'd said.

"Why?"

"Because it's part of you. And you know how I feel about it."

Loki liked your scar. He'd tried to hide it from you at first because of how you'd acquired it, but you knew. And he knew that you knew.

"Not too shabby, huh?" Nat asked proudly. She'd done your hair and make up for you, assisted by Pepper.

Tony, overcome by emotion, didn't speak, just moved towards you and hugged you tightly.

"Oh, okay. Mind- mind the dress!" Nat said, flapping her hands.

"It's alright." you grinned, hugging Tony back equally as tightly. To hell with the dress. You doubted Loki would mind if it was a little creased.

"Where's that daughter of mine?" Tony asked as he pulled away from you, looking around. You pointed towards Val, who had resorted to picking Morgan up and throwing her over her shoulder in an attempt to get her back up to the porch.