Chapter seventy one - Titan

A/N: I wish I could post chapters every day for you guys! I've loved reading everyone's comments about what they think could happen next; I've already written nearly all the way up to the end of Endgame so I hope you end up liking what I've done :) Enjoy <3

...

Your demonstration to Peter didn't last very long; Tony intervened after about five minutes ("What did I just tell you about saving your strength?"), so you sat and talked with Peter for a while instead. He had a lot of questions. You didn't mind. You were tired, but the thought of lying down and closing your eyes for a prolonged period of time when you had... that image of Loki in your mind didn't overly appeal to you.

Peter asked you what it had been like living in the tower with the team for a year. What was Mr. Thor like, was it true that he loved pop tarts? (Yes.) Was Black Widow really as mean as everyone made her out to be? (No, but don't tell her I said that.) Did Hawkeye really like to sit in the air vents? (No, you weren't sure where he'd heard that, although it did make you laugh.) What was Captain America like? (A gentleman, who didn't look his age.) What was Asgard like? (Amazing. Indescribable. Gone.) On and on the questions went, distracting your mind pleasantly and taking you back to simpler days.

You weren't sure how long you sat and talked for, but when you finally stopped talking it was because you were approaching the surface of a planet. Tony and Strange were at the front of the ship.

"Come on." you said to Peter, standing up and teleporting down to stand next to Tony. Peter swung down and landed in between you and Strange.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"I think we're here." Strange said.

"I don't think this thing has a self-park function." Tony muttered. Then he pointed to the big metal structure nearest to Peter, "Get your hand into this steering gimbal. Close those around it. You understand?"

Peter put his hand into the contraption and frowned, closing it around his arm.

"Yep, got it."

"This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta move at the same time." Tony instructed, looking out of the window at the planet which you were swiftly approaching; the surface of which was covered in what looked like a load of gigantic metal jacks, or starfish.

"Okay. Okay. Ready." Peter said, setting his jaw in resolve. You looked at Strange; he looked vaguely concerned. The ship was heading straight towards one of the enormous starfish structures.

"We might wanna turn. Turn! Turn! Turn!" Peter yelled urgently. The ship swung to the right as Peter and Tony moved, but from the immense crunch and the alarming manner in which the ship then veered forwards, you imagined that they probably hadn't turned soon enough. Tony's helmet shot up around his face, as did Peter's, and Strange stepped forward to create a shield around the four of you, clearly anticipating a rough landing. You followed suit, reinforcing the shield with your magic.

Strange threw you a look which told you that he thought your magic was useless compared to his.

"Better safe than sorry." you muttered, before lurching forward as the ship smashed into the ground, ploughing through the dirt until it came to an unsteady halt, leaning dangerously to one side. The ship creaked and sparked worryingly... and then all was still.

Tony's helmet came down again as Strange helped him to his feet, panting slightly from the exertion of trying to steer the ship.

"You alright? That was close." Tony said, looking at Strange and then over his shoulder to check that you and Peter were alright.