Chapter thirteen - In which you start training with Loki

Author's note: Sorry I didn't update last night, I was super tired and did nOt have the energy. "But it's not hard to post a chapter!" I hear you cry. You are correct, I am just extremely lazy :)) Here's chapter thirteen, pls someone come up with a good name for this I'm literally open to all suggestions! Hope u enjoy <3

...

Annoyingly, you'd had training with Nat immediately after breakfast, and you were far too tired to do anything but shower and sleep after that, so you'd had to schedule your first training session with Loki (and Thor) for the morning after.

That night you had sat in front of your window and practised summoning the ball of magic to your hand again, choosing to not think about what Loki had told you about it being dangerous. Then you'd stood in front of your mirror and turned your eyes purple and then back to their normal colour, again and again until you could do it almost without it burning. You'd only been practising for about half an hour before you fell into bed, shattered, and went straight to sleep.

The next morning you got out of bed the minute you were awake, got showered and dressed and went to have breakfast on your own; it was a Saturday morning – no one usually got up this early on a Saturday morning. Except for one person.

"What is it with you being sat in here every morning? I know you don't need to sleep, but you could find something to do." you asked, startling him this time.

"Good morning to you too." Loki replied, watching as you made your daily route to the kettle, smiling at his sarcastic reply.

"Reading passes the time, and I couldn't sleep at the moment even if I wanted too: I haven't used my magic for a while." he continued.

"What's that got to do with sleeping? Is that when you need to sleep, when you've been using your magic?"

"Yes."

"So you have to recharge after you've used it?"

"Yes."

"Will it be the same for me?"

"Probably."

Huh, that explained why you'd fallen asleep so quickly last night. You made your drink, grabbed a piece of fruit for your breakfast and went and sat opposite Loki, who had returned to his book. As you ate, you thought of about twelve more questions to ask him, but decided that you probably shouldn't talk too much more in case he got annoyed. After a short while though, Loki sighed, closed the book and looked at you expectantly.

"What?" you asked.

"I can practically hear you thinking about me. Ask away." he said, putting the book on the table and leaning back, spreading his arms wide in invitation.

"You can't... actually hear me thinking though, right?" you asked in uncertainty.

"No, you're doing a brilliant job of keeping me out." he scowled, and you briefly felt a tiny pain in your temple.

"Get out." you grinned, pressing your hand to your temple, and got a smile only slightly more noticeable than the pain had been.

"What do you want to know?" he asked again. You had a million questions; you were determined not to mess this up.

"Could you use your magic when you were imprisoned on Asgard?"

"Yes, in a way."

"What does that mean?"

"I could cast illusions, small things like that, but nothing more. Otherwise I could have broken out."

"Do you miss it there? On Asgard?"