Chapter three - In which Loki arrives

Author's note: Hey guys, have chapter three! I love this gif  of Tony so much, can definitely imagine him pulling this face when Thor is arguing with him. Hope you enjoy, also please help me think of a good name for this fic, I'm struggling so much:( Leave a comment if you enjoyed, and check out some of my other series and one shots on my profile! <3

...

It had been the craziest week of your life. And the best. Hands down.

The day after you'd arrived, Tony had given you a credit card and sent you off into New York to get everything you needed, clothes, shoes, furniture for your room, the lot.

"I'd send someone with you, but I think we've established that you can look after yourself." had been his exact words. You'd appreciated that. Happy had driven you in though, who you got on with very well.

At first you'd been reluctant to spend that much of Tony's money, even though you knew how rich he was, but you'd soon got into a shopping rhythm, and besides, you kept finding things that you really needed.

You'd come back laden with bags, and Tony had told you off for only spending $300, which made you laugh. A shopping trip with Natasha and Pepper was scheduled, because apparently they knew how to shop properly.

The same day you had started training with Natasha, and she seemed pleasantly surprised at the shape you were already in. You even got a smile out of her; you'd discovered that she was the sort of person you had to work hard to get to know. She didn't entirely trust you yet, you could tell.

You had training every day, and after four sessions you knew that she had warmed up to you, and you to her. As you had to all the others. Steve was the mother hen of the group despite his hard outer shell, you could tell, and he was the nicest man you had ever met, apart from maybe Thor, albeit slightly guarded. Bucky was hilarious, and really nice to you, Bruce was calm, funny and a total science nerd, everything the Hulk wasn't. You struggled to imagine him as the 'big guy' as they all called him. Clint was more like Natasha in that you had to get to know him before he became friendly, but you had made good progress, and then there was Pepper, who treated you like her daughter, telling you to eat at every opportunity and constantly checking up on you. You loved her.

Everything had been going amazingly, until your fifth night there, when you witnessed your first argument. And it was a big one. From what you could hear so far, Thor was trying to persuade Tony that someone should come in live in the Avengers Tower, and Tony was adamant that it was a bad idea.

You were sat reading quite peacefully in the company of Natasha and Clint when they'd come bursting into the lounge... could you call it a lounge? Like the penthouse upstairs, the space on the same floor as all of your rooms was a kitchen, dining room and lounge all in one, but was made for living in rather than looking nice. Not that it didn't look nice, and the view was as good as the penthouse.

Anyway, Tony and Thor stormed in, and Tony immediately turned to the three of you on the sofa.

"Are you hearing this?" he demanded angrily.

Thor tried to cut in, but Tony wasn't having any of it.

"Remember Loki? Thor thinks he should move in."

Clint and Natasha immediately joined in with the yelling, but failed miserably at being heard over Thor's booming voice.

"He is family Stark! I cannot abandon my own brother."

At this, Tony abruptly stopped trying to yell over the top of him.

You were confused, more than anything. Wasn't Loki the one who had led the alien invasion on Earth to try and become ruler of the world? You weren't sure you wanted him sleeping across the hallway from you. And moreover, he was Thor's brother?! If there were ever two people you wouldn't put as brothers, it was him and Thor.