Chapter twenty two - In which Loki has a revelation

Author's note: Heyy guys have an early update to make up for all the nights where I post at like 1am hehe. Thank you sooo much for 2k reads and especially everyone who votes and comments; it makes it all worth it! Here's chapter twenty two, enjoy! <3

...

The journey down from the roof of the tower to the medical ward seemed a lot longer than it actually was in your state, and despite your furious protests Thor eventually carried you for the second half of the trek. When you finally got there you had to sit and take some deep breaths for a minute before you could open your eyes, even though you'd been carried and hadn't walked yourself.

"You guys can leave, I'm just going to check her vitals and when she is fine I'll give you a shout." Bruce told the others, putting emphasis on the word is. Everyone had followed you down apart from Nat, Clint and Steve. You lay down on the bed under Bruce's supervision and faded in and out of consciousness as he hooked you up to some machines and watched a computer screen, clicking frequently.

"Am I okay?" you asked, unable to wait while he analysed your vitals.

"Yeah, there's nothing serious going on, you just need to take it easy or things might start going wrong. Got it? That means no leaving here until tomorrow." he told you, detaching you from the monitors and switching the computer off.

You sighed heavily, slumping back on to the bed.

"It's a miracle you're not seriously injured Y/N, you should be grateful." Bruce said.

"I am, I'm just getting bored of being stuck in here constantly." you moaned.

"It's only for a little bit. Now let me look at your hands."

"What? My hands are fine." you said, holding them out to show him. Your mouth fell open as you saw your palms; they were bright red, shiny and swollen. Burnt from where you'd grabbed hold of the electric fence.

"I hadn't even noticed." you said in disbelief.

"You were probably preoccupied, what with not being able to breathe." Bruce joked, crossing the room to get medical supplies.

"Let me." Loki's voice came from the doorway.

Bruce turned to look at him in surprise, then to you for confirmation. You smiled.

"Thanks Bruce."

You felt bad as he left the room, but Loki could get it done quicker and more effectively.

Loki sat down next to you and held his hand out; you obliged and let him start healing you. You sat in comfortable silence for a bit, before you realised something was bothering him.

"What's wrong?" you asked, noticing that he wasn't looking at you.

He didn't reply verbally, rather let you hear what it was he had been thinking.

You were shaking your head as you realised what he had been thinking.

"Don't try and tell me that you think it's your fault I got taken? I was the one who let my guard down, I was half asleep."

"They heard me at that party. I was careless."

"Well, I don't blame you; you don't need to worry about me being mad."

He looked up at you sharply, and then back at your hands.

"You weren't meant to hear that bit."

"You saved me. From being shot. How could I be mad?"

He didn't reply, but his grip on your hands became ever so slightly firmer.

When he was done, your hands looked almost good as new, apart from still being slightly red. To your surprise, next he reached for your face, and you leant back as he moved towards you.