Chapter forty five - In which it's this or Asgard

It was ten days after you had visited SHIELD HQ, and you hadn't heard anything from Fury since then. You were trying to not get lulled into a false sense of security, but things had pretty much returned to normal. Except Loki's hair. You'd managed to make it look less like it had been brutally attacked by a pair of shears and more like it had been done properly. Loki had been almost as relieved as you when it had turned out alright.

The two of you were currently in a training room and he was finally allowing you to try and teleport properly, after weeks of training for it. Granted, you were only teleporting to barely a metre in front of you, but it was still exciting. Or, it would be, if you could only do it. You were trying to clear your mind, but Loki was worrying about you very loudly right next to you and you couldn't stop thinking about how hungry you were, and this was beside the fact you could feel a headache coming on.

"Are you sure you don't want to take a break?"

"I'm fine!"

"You don't look fine."

"Then stop looking."

Sometimes you wished Loki cared about you a little less. No, that wasn't true, but it did become quite tedious in training sometimes when he made you stop in case you hurt yourself every three seconds.

"Okay, stop. We can try again tomorrow." Loki said after about ten minutes, touching your arm gently. You groaned in annoyance, but knew that it would be stupid to try and carry on.

"I'll train with Nat instead. At least I can actually practice moves with her rather than just giving myself headaches and nosebleeds." you muttered.

"Magic is mentally draining, the training you do with Natasha physically drains you rather than affecting your mind."

"Yeah, but using magic is physically draining too." you argued, moving to sit down heavily on the floor against the wall.

"I suppose mental health and physical health are connected." Loki mused, sitting down next to you on a chair he conjured from mid-air.

Show off.

"Training hard are we?" Tony's voice emanated from the corridor; you both turned to look at him.

"Reindeer Games, it's for you." he continued, holding the phone he held in his hand out towards Loki. Your heart dropped. You'd known it was only a matter of time before SHIELD got in contact, but you hadn't wanted to think about what would happen when they did.

The phone vanished from Tony's hand and appeared in Loki's, who looked at you for a moment before lifting the phone to his ear. You were cheered slightly by the astonished look on Tony's face as he stared at the hand he had just been holding the phone in, but the feeling didn't last long as you listened in on the phone call.

"Right now?" Loki was asking. Even Tony felt a pang of sympathy when he heard that.

"A few days' notice might have been nice."

Fury was arguing that this was a developing situation and they couldn't have all the information all the time, and that Loki couldn't afford to be making demands. Then he told him to be on the roof in four minutes and hung up. You and Loki stared at the phone for a few seconds, and then Loki stood up and crossed the room, returning the phone to Tony.

"Thank you."

Then he walked back towards you and you stood up, correctly guessing what was about to happen as you held out a hand for him. Seconds later you were in his room and he was sitting on the edge of his bed; you followed suit and took one of his hands in yours. Neither of you spoke, until...