One

Hello there fellow readers, it's the Author. I wanted to make a disclaimer before you continue on. I'm getting used to writing more 'professional' pieces and this is my first one I'll be confident to publish. Now, the POV (point of view) changes unexpectedly. As seen in the next paragraph, it starts of as a second person POV as when it changes it is first person. I thought about changing it at first, but after thinking about I thought it sounded more sophisticated. Thank you, and please continue. I think this will be worth your while.

~~~
Waves crashed against the sides of the large boat, mist falling onto the deck. The dark clouds hung in the sky, rain pelting from them. The boat swayed side to side, causing the water on deck to make a sloshing sound.

Even with all the rain and waves, a person was still on the deck. To be more precise, a 17 year old boy with messy blonde hair and tired eyes. He was chained to the boats railing, only causing his fragile body to get even wetter. He'd been there ever since the star line ship left the dock. He was escorted up the ramp and shoved onto the deck by two guards, two guards who were now downstairs in nice, warm cozy rooms.

The rain wasn't expected to be letting up anytime soon, but he hoped it would. All this cold weather was making him shiver down to the bone.

I wouldn't even be here if is wasn't for that fool of a friend. I shouldn't have had such high hopes of an older guy off the streets, a thief. He's the reason why I'm stuck on this lousy ship! Is what the boy thought over and over. It was true, he wouldn't be here if the old thief hadn't framed him for stealing. It was the old thief that stole the golden bracelet, a bracelet he still had.

The boy shook his head, only causing his long bangs to cloud his vision. That's fine, he didn't need to look beside him to know that the bracelet was in his pocket. He could feel the round object in his pocket, all his body weight causing it to dig through the fabric of his pants and into the side of his thigh.

The boy sheepishly smiled, almost laughing. That old bastard, once he finds out that his so called 'fortune' was swiped clean under nose and thrown into the sea, he'll regret ever framing him.

The boat shifted, causing the boy to be tossed to the side. He was now on his left side, the bracelet being in his right pocket. The tag that was tied around his neck was now visible, displaying his name. It wasn't his full name, no. He didn't have one, a last name. Still, the boy read it over and over again, just so he wouldn't forget. It would be a shame if he met a person and he didn't know his name.

Meliodas is what the tag read. Meliodas.

~2 weeks later~

I stared into the fancy vanity mirror my mother got me. My sliver hair was hanging loosely at my waist, almost reaching my behind. My sisters, Veronica and Margret were in the background, ordering our butlers around.

Today was the day that I, Elizabeth Liones, would be aboard the White Star Line ship, Courtesy. My family is sailing from Great Britain to America, hopefully to live somewhere better. This whole city was covered in filth and pollution. Not to mention the crime that happened often. Mother would turn on the television and another murder, theft, rape, or vandalism would be the first thing we hear. My mother always told father that she was sick of it, and that's what led him to buy tickets.

I don't want to brag, but my family is pretty wealthy. Father bought each of us first class tickets on Courtesy.

Let's see, my father owns a very fancy business, of course, women weren't allowed to ask about such things so I don't know anything about what he does besides own the place. My mother used to teach young girls how to sew and she charged their parents a lot of money along with it. I remember my grand papa, but not much. He left my father in his full will, so we received his fortune after he died.