Seventeen

"Father...Estarossa..." I watched as Elizabeth moved in front of the door, evidently covering the fact I was in the room. Realizing who it was and being slightly terrified, I slid behind the door as she talked to her father.

"Hello father, Estarossa, what is the matter?"

"Estarossa says that you and him along with another lad got into a disagreement the other night. He wanted to apologize." A deep voice replied.

"Yes. Do you know where Meliodas is? I want to see him and have a little talk with him as well." I heard his voice ring in my ears, just like it did that night.

"Meliodas? No, absolutely not-!" Elizabeth's pitched tone piping up.

"Elizabeth, I'm going to talk to him no matter what you tell me." Estarossa interrupted Elizabeth, making my blood boil.

"No! You sprained his wrist and broke one of his ribs! Do you really think he wants to see you after that?! No!" Elizabeth yelled, stomping her foot.

"I'm going to talk to him!" I peeked through the crack in the door, spotting Estarossa through the doorway. He was almost nose to nose with Elizabeth. His hand was twitching, like he was about to hit her.

"No! No no no no no! Your not talking to him!" Elizabeth's father seemed to just be a standby person, not doing anything about it. Estarossa began to raise his hand, making my furrow my brow. That little bitch won't dare touch my woman..

I came out from behind the door, scooping up Elizabeth by the waist and pulling her back just as he swung his hand down. Elizabeth clung to my shirt, huddling close to me. I was glaring at Estarossa, not paying attention to the flustered father at his side.

"Elizabeth, what are you doing with this boy? This is your future husband-..why do you both look like you just got out of the washroom? Did you wash yourself with this boy?! I thought we taught you to save yourself for marriage girl!" I could feel Elizabeth shaking, either with anger or fear.

"Father, I'm not marrying him! Like I said, Estarossa sprained this man's wrist, broke one of his ribs, and almost kicked me overboard! I'm not marrying someone because of a stupid company! And just because I took a shower with Meliodas doesn't mean that I gave him my virginity!" Inside, I was laughing my ass off. Outside, I was trying to keep a glare on my face. It was the fact that she was blankly lying straight to her father's face.

"I'm not going to talk to him, I'm not going to love him, I'm not going to anything with him after what he did!" I pulled Elizabeth closer to myself, a hand on the door. Her father looked at me with disgust.

"Unhand my daughter this instant young man!" I shook my head, turning to my side.

"No way sir. She decides for herself." I stated, causing her father to do the whole 'surprised' thing. I almost rolled my eyes, but if I wanted to make a good impression I need to have a good start.

Elizabeth kept yelling at Estarossa, spitting a few profanities. Her father and Estarossa both looked baffled by her language. It made me smile, the fact that she was standing up to her father. It was amazing.

"Fuck you and the stupid company, Estarossa can go marry himself!" I brushed some hair out of Elizabeth's face, bending down to her ear.

"We should try and wrap this up. Mama Quinn might have made her special buttermilk pancakes." I whispered, getting Elizabeth to nod. I stood up straight, letting go of Elizabeth's waist and grabbing her hand.

"I'm really sorry, but we are having to cut this off. It was nice meeting you, Mr. Liones." I said with a small bow of my head. I pushed pass Estarossa, pulling Elizabeth out with me. We started down the long hallway, leaving a flustered father and angry man behind.

Once we got close to a lift, I let go of my calm expression. I could feel my hands shaking, but it was out of fear. I understood why, but it was surprising to me.

"Meliodas..? Are you okay?" I let out a shaky breath, shaking my head. Elizabeth squeezed my hand, rubbing my upper arm with her right hand. I sighed, closing my eyes and continuing towards the lift. We stepped inside the fancy box, getting weird glances from the people around us. A few women started whispering, most likely because of the fact we were both wet. I held onto Elizabeth's hand tighter, knowing I couldn't pick a fight with a woman.

The lift stopped in third class, me and Elizabeth stepping off. The lift and all those women went back up, with their stupid handbags. Elizabeth leaned her head on my shoulder, interlocking her fingers with mine.

"Do you want to tell me about it when we eat?" She asked, getting me to nod.

"Yeah, but let's get those pancakes first." I replied wearily.

Fuck..