Fifteen

(Silently puts POV to make it mysterious)

POV: ???

I sat on the edge of my bed, staring at a black and white photo. I sighed, my eyes watering. I tossed the photo on the nightstand beside me, looking at it with remorse.

Years ago, when I was about 8, my mother took that photo. We were at the mansion, with my brothers. Well, 'brothers'. I had a half brother, I just can't remember his face. All I know is that I never want to see him again. Not after...

I leaned my elbows on my knees, my hands gripping my short-cut hair. What would brother think when he sees me? Will he even recognize me? Of course he will, I'm his brother after all. Though, it has been about 4 or 5 years. I can't remember his age, maybe early twenties? No, he's younger than that.

I let out a shaky breath, a tear rolling down my cheek. Jesus (don't come at me christians) Christ, I didn't know it would be this hard.

"Hey baby.." I heard her sweet voice call out from behind me. I felt her gentle arms wrap around my shoulders, her hands laying softly on my bare chest. Her hair tickled the nape of my neck, almost causing me to shiver.

"Hey honey.." I replied softly, hanging my head low.

"Thinking about your brother again?" I nodded wearily, peering at the photo again. "I heard that he's on that white star line ship. Committed a crime and now he's on there for punishment. Though, I don't think he would be the type to steal."

I felt her head nod, her chin resting on my shoulder.

"Well, they arrive at the docks in about four days, maybe two." She replied, causing me to nod.

"Lets get dressed, yeah? We can go out to that favorite place you like to eat." I chuckled, looking over my shoulder.

"Baby, your my favorite place to eat out at." I turned around, kissing the woman sweetly. She kissed back, resting her hands on my shoulders. We pulled away a few moments later, staring into each others eyes.

"I love you, Gelda."

"I love you too, Zel."