Three

"Elizabeth..."

"Elizabeth..."

I slowly opened my eyes, a blurred face appearing.

"Elizabeth, get up." I sat up, Mother folding her hands in her lap. "Sweetie we have to go to a lunch today."

I nodded, swinging my legs over the side of the bed. Mother left without another word, leaving me to get dressed.

I stood up, walking over to the makeshift closet I had. I opened it up, peering inside. Since it would be really hot outside today, I pulled out a knee length summer dress. The fabric was white, the sleeves loose and reaching down to my fore arms.

I twirled in the mirror, admiring how I looked. Maybe Meliodas will like this outfit as much as I do!

I walked over to my rooms door, swinging it open. I saw Mother waiting for me, her fancy purse hanging slightly off her shoulder. Her heels clicked with every step she took.

I nodded my head silently, following her down the hallway.

I never had an actual conversation with Mother. We would only talk if necessary, such as telling me to do the dishes and such. Now that I think about it, my mother was always talking with Margret and Veronica. What made me so different?

We arrived at the dining hall, a man in a tight suit escorting is to our seats. Mother sat beside Father while I sat in between Margret and Veronica. Two business men were seated in front of us, looking around the room. I fiddled with my fingers, nervously looking around.

A waiter walked over, taking all of our orders. I ordered pasta with a side of Italian dressing, topped with parmesan. Veronica ordered some unknown American food and Veronica ordered some chicken soup. Mother got this fancy steak along with dad and the business men got the same order, grilled cheese with the bread toasted and a side of salad.

We prayed, me peeking at the two men from time to time. When Father finished the prayer, we said 'amen' and began to eat. I ate little by little, waiting for the conversation that was going to unfold. And so it did, not even two seconds after the thought crossed my mind, it did.

"So, Estarossa, Sir Mengel, how is the business life treating you?" My father asked. I looked up at the two men, particularly singling out the silver haired one. Estarossa.

He happened to have blue eyes like me and short spiky hair. He was a big man, way taller than me. Maybe six feet? His gaze was very unsettling, along with the aura he put off. Especially the way he looked at me and my sisters.

"Oh well, it's treating me very well sire. Well, uh- how about you?" The shorter man asked. I looked over at him. Sir Mengel.

He was unbelievably short with red graying hair. He had a small set of glasses that were practically glued to his eyes. The man didn't even have to push his glasses up. His gaze was kind, like grand papa's.

"Good, good. Elizabeth, Veronica, what do you see in this mature lad here?" Father pointed towards Estarossa, making me look up at him. It made me shiver, but I didn't want to be impolite.

"Oh, umm-..he looks very...kind..we could become friends, in the near...future." I replied, not making my eyes settle on him much longer. I dove back down to my plate, taking a few more small bites while Veronica spoke to the man.

"To be honest I see no interest in other men. I've told you father, I've already decided who I am to marry." I almost giggled, for Veronica already has a guy friend. I've known ever since I saw that letter come in the mail. It was funny I tell you.