AHH SHIII-Thirty-Six

~Month Three~

I sat at my desk, examining the small trinket in my hands. It was like a small clock, but more complex. It had more parts, including a small bell like thing.

"It's an alarm clock, it's another American thing. I think you have used one before, except the fact that you had to wind it up. This just uses electricity instead."

I recalled the man's words, which were slightly confusing. An alarm clock that uses electricity? What about the traditional ones, where you set the time and that's the time it rings every morning? Yes, it may have been hard work turning it off but it was pretty handy for farmers and such.

I peered over to the counter. Zeldris was out today, so I was doing two jobs. Multi tasking, something I've only really seen my mother do.

I sighed, setting the small thing on my desk and standing up. I walked over to the counter, dusting my hand and greeting the lady in front of me.

She had raven hair, tied into a loose braid similar to Gelda's. It was flopped onto her shoulder, a small ribbon holding it together. She had light blue eyes, lighter than Elizabeth's sapphire/s. She looking into my eyes, her cheeks dusting pink. I shoved my hands in my pockets, shifting my weight to my left foot.

"Hello ma'am, what can I help you with?" I asked, the lady reaching into her bag. She pulled out a few things, a candelabra, brush, mirror, necklace, and other assorted jewelry. She paused for a moment before replying.

"I was wondering how much I could sell these for," She began, motioning towards the items. I nodded, reaching behind the counter. I pulled out a clipboard, picking up a pencil and jotting a few things down.

"Well, I'm not really the guy for the job. My brother is more into that, I'm just the craftsman here. However, I can make a note about it. What's your first and last name?" I asked politely. The lady nodded, making eye contact with me. She seemed lost for a bit, just staring into my eyes.

"Ma'am." I said, tapping the clipboard. She snapped out of her gaze, nodding.

"It's Zaneri. Zaneri Iré (I-ray)." She replied, chewing her bottom lip. I nodded, writing it down. Zaneri sighed as I put the clipboard back, crossing my arms.

"What's the matter?" I asked, Zaneri looking into my eyes again.

"I have a small, unrelated question.." She stated. I nodded, placing my hands on the counter casually.

"And what's that?" She pondered, her face reddening.

"Are you single? Or free anytime?" I raised my eyebrows, stepping back and crossing my arms. Now I know why she was acting all weird. I sighed, closing my eyes.

"I'm sorry miss, but I am already happy with my girlfriend. I actually want to propose once she gives birth." I replied, opening my eyes. Zaneri nodded, flipping her braid.

"I thought so. A built man like you would already have someone. What does she look like, if I may." She replied. A small smile crept onto my lips as I looked off to the side.

"She's really pretty, long waist length hair, bangs covering her right eye. Her eyes are a dark blue, and her skin is almost like ivory. She's the prettiest woman I have ever met." I explained, earning a nod. Zaneri reached over the counter, placing her hand on my shoulder and tilting her head.

"She doesn't have to know." She stated. I shook my head, pulling away.

"No. However, if you want to be friends that's fine." I proposed, walking back to my desk. She huffed, picking up her stuff and nodding. She shoved the things back in her bag, leaving. I sighed, picking up the alarm again.

Don't get me wrong, she was attractive. Just not my type. Plus, I already have Elizabeth and Theo, I have everything I need. Maybe if I hadn't met Elizabeth, then it would be different. Either way, she's just not for me. Zaneri does seem like a good girl though, that's why I proposed the option of a mutual friendship.

I picked up the small screw driver and loosened a few screws, taking off the back and looking through the little wires. I instantly saw the problem. There was a loose screw by one of the wires. I tigtened it slightly, pulling away. I heard a small beep, causing me to turn the thing around. In the corner of the small screen there was a blinking light. It was red. My eyebrows raised in realiation.

"That's how you work.." I muttered. I placed the back and screwed it on, each screw raising my excitement. Once I'm done with this, I can head home.

I sighed for the millionth time, setting the alarm clock to the side and dusting off my hands. Now I'm done for the day. I stood up, walking towards the front.

"Mr. Willburry, I'm heading back home!" I called out, opening the door. "Okay, be safe!"

I stepped out into the street, someone calling towards me. I turned my head to see Zaneri walking towards me, a basket in her hands.

"Hey, I know this is all sudden, but could I meet her, your girlfriend." She asked. I nodded slowly, shoving my into my pockets. I began walking towards the cabin, Zaneri trailing closely behind. I started up the hill, my stomach churning. I get that she likes me and all, but I already told her that I have a girlfriend. Not to mention an unborn child. But she just brushed it off like it was nothing. Yep, she's definitely not my type.

I stepped up onto the porch, opening the door. I walked inside, spotting Elizabeth. I walked over to her, placing my hands on her waist and kissing her lips. She kissed me back, pulling away shortly after. Zaneri walked up to her, a stern but kind face on. She held out her hand, forcing a smile.

"Hi, you must be Elizabeth. Meliodas told me about you." She greeted, Elizabeth's eyebrows furrowing. She seemed confused and distrustful, but went along with it.

"Yes, that's me!" Elizabeth replied happily, also forcing a smile. "And who are you?"

"Oh, I'm Zaneri! I met Meliodas while he was working and we hit it off pretty well. I asked if I could come over and he said that there's no problem with it." Zaneri lied partially, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Anyway, like I had said, Elizabeth is my girlfriend. You wanted to come over and meet her." I explained, grabbing Elizabeth's hand. Zaneri nodded, looking around for a bit. Oh god, this is going to be a long night..