Thirty

It all made a little more sense. The 'increase' in weight, the childishness, exhastion. I knew why she was upset. We weren't ready. I was still trying to process it a bit. I still couldn't understand one part. Why was she scared to tell me?

I stared up at the ceiling. What am I supposed to do?

I peered over at the window. The sun was barely even up. I sat up, getting out of bed and picking up my shirt.

I know that if I just show up at Zeldris's early in the morning I would probably be told to go back home by Gelda. But I don't care. I just wanted to talk to someone.

I picked up my boots, pulling them on. I opened the front door, slipping on a thin coat and closing it behind me.

The fresh air of the morning swarmed my lungs, all the scents. This was the best part of getting up early. The fresh air, something I would die for.

I started down the long hill, staring at my feet. All these things were running through my mind, but one thing stuck to me like glue. A child. Me and Elizabeth, we're going to have a baby.

I reached the cobblestone road, picking up my pace. I raised my head, spotting Zeldris's house. I began to run, stopping right before I hit the porch. Catching my breath, I climbed up the wooden stairs and hesitantly knocked on the door. I waited for a few minutes before someone answered the door. Zeldris peeked his head out, spotting me.

"..Meliodas?"

~~~

"What are you doing here this early?" Zeldris asked, pouring me a cup of tea. I thanked him, taking the small cup and taking a sip. Zeldris sat beside me in his pajamas.

"Elizabeth," I blurted out. "She's pregnant."

He looked at me with a shocked face. "A-are you serious? Was it the first time?" I nodded. I stared into my tea, relaxed.

"What are you going to do?" I sighed, laying my head down on the table. I felt Zeldris's hand on my back, patting a bit. My breath became shallow, my eyes watering. I'm happy, but yet a part of me is dreading it inside.

"I-....I..we're keeping it..?" I questioned myself, my nose and eyes burning. I felt a tear rolling down my cheek. What's wrong with me?

Zeldris set down his cup, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Hey.." I lifted my head, looking him in the eye. He had a pitiful look on his face, his eyebrows furrowed.

"It's going to be okay, Meliodas. You're going to be okay." He pulled me into a hug, slightly squeezing. I hugged him back, burying my head in his shoulder. He rubbed my back, calming me down. We sat there for a bit before Zeldris pulled away, looking into my eyes.

"You look exhausted. You need to get home Mel." I nodded, standing up. Zeldris grabbed my coat, handing it to me. He led me to the front door, opening it and showing me outside. I thanked him for the tea and left, starting up the cobblstone road. Very few people were out, like travelers or merchants. The sun had come up a bit more, and more people were waking up.

I reached the hill, my legs feeling weak. I continued, even if my legs started cramping. The more I thought about it, the more it makes sense. We're going to have a baby, and I was genuinely excited. I had always dreamt of being a dad. I guess it was the thought of breaking Zeldris's and Estarossa's father's cycle. I had always told myself that I wouldn't do any of the things that their fathers did. I wouldn't force my kid to do anything. The worst thing I would do is make them go to bed early.

But there was always that thought, you know. That one thought that says, 'What if something goes wrong?'. But for me it was much worse than just some old bad thought. What is Estarossa going to do when he finds out, taking that he will. It made me shiver at the thought of it.

I reached the cabin porch, climbing up the stairs, opening the door and stepping inside. The air was cool inside, a chilly breeze. I took off my coat, hanging it on the coat rack. I slipped off my boots, setting them by the door. No one was up yet.

I walked down the hallway to our bedroom door, my eyes closing slowly. I peered into the room, spotting Elizabeth. She was hugging a pillow, mumbling nonsense underneath her breath. I smiled slightly, stepping into the room. I walked over to my side of the bed, laying down. I grabbed the pillow from Elizabeth and tossed it aside. I sat in its place as Elizabeth rolled over and grabbed hold of me. I smiled, kissing her forehead. I close my eyes to fall back to sleep, but I just couldn't. My mind was rejecting anything I told it, anything I told my conscience was tossed aside into a trash pile. So instead of sleeping, I sat there, staring at a wall for the rest of the morning..

~~~

"Meliodas.." I muttered, opening my eyes. I reached out next to me, feeling someone beside me. I turned my head to see the tired eyes of Meliodas.

"Hey Elizabeth.." He whispered, kissing my lips. I kissed back, pulling away shortly after. Meliodas placed his hand on my stomach, tracing little shapes all over.

"Why do you look so tired?" I asked, staring up at the ceiling. He sighed, chuckling softly.

"I didn't get any sleep. Don't worry, no because of you or what happened last night, so don't try to blame yourself. It has something to do with someone completely different." He explained, tracing stars on my stomach. I nodded, remembering what I had said.

"I-..I might be...I might be pregnant..and I'm pretty sure that I am.."

I really told him, didn't I? What if I ruined it all? What's going to happen to me then? Do I just go back to my parents, pregnant and a disappointment?

"Hey, why the sad face?" I heard Meliodas ask. I tilted my head, wondering how to word my dilemma.

"I feel like I did something wrong. I feel like I should've just kept it a secret and waited. We weren't prepared for this at all, and I don't know if this is what you want. I know that I want it, but I don't think I wanted it now." I explained, my eyes watering. "I mean, what if this to the point that you leave? You already had to deal with Estarossa, and now this?"

Meliodas stopped tracing the stars and sat up. I watched as he got out of the bed and walked over to my side. He sat down at the edge of the bed, his side towards me.

"Now what makes you think that?" He asked, looking me in the eye. I chewed my lip, trying to figure out what to say.

"I-"

"I can see why'd you would be scared to tell me now, because you were afraid that I would leave. But listen here, I'm never leaving, Elizabeth. I love you and nothing can change that. Hey, guess what? I'm actually pretty damn excited. I mean, hell, it's been my dream to be a dad! Could you imagine that? And just to think that it's you who I'm with! This babys going to be just a beautiful as their mother and have the brains of his father!" Meliodas exclaimed, his eyes filled with excitement. I smiled, sitting up and hugging him. He hugged me back, his hands resting on my waist. He suddenly pulled away, looking into my eyes.

"What about the name?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. I giggled.

"It's way to early Meliodas!" I said. He shook his head, wagging his finger.

"It's never to early. Plus, I've already thought of a name that can go both ways." I tilted my head, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, and what's that?" I asked. Meliodas smiled proudly, inhaling deeply.

"Theo."
~~~

Thank you Liza01104 for the name suggestion! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!