Twenty-Eight

Some sexual content up ahead :p
~~~

I opened the door to the cabin, taking off my boots and settling them by the door. Its been a couple of hours since I left, and I just got back from Mr. Willburry and Zeldris. It was actually really fun hanging with them, taking that Zeldris and I hadn't talked in such a long time. I can still remember when we were kids.

I was about to call out for Elizabeth and Mama when I heard faint talking in the hallway. Tip-toeing, I made my way towards our room. The words became clearer as I stopped outside of the cracked door.

(Quinn, Elizabeth)

"Two times in two days? There is a good possibility, due to the fact it was directly the day after. Yeah, I guess it would be a 50/50 chance of that happening."

"Well, what if it is true..I'm only 17, and we don't have and extra room. We can't really afford it either. Unless Meliodas works two jobs, but I don't want to work him too hard. He's already done a lot to get me here."

"You do have a point. But what if it does come down to that, what's the plan?"

"I'll definitely keep it, whether anyone likes it or not. I can also look for jobs at a nearby library. Maybe as a librarian's assistant. Then we'd get more money, yeah?"

"Are you going to tell Meliodas 'bout this? Not gonna leave 'em in the dark are ya?"

"I'm going to wait. There's always that 50% chance that it's not actually that, you know?"

"Yes darlin'. If you need anything, just tell me. Any sudden changes, you can come to me."

I backed away from the door as Mama Quinn stood up. What was that conversation about, and why did they seem so worried? I was also mentioned a couple times during the whole thing. And the whole subject of 'keeping' something. What 'thing' are they going to keep, and what is it? Two times in two days? 50/50 chance of what?

Two times in two days, directly after the other. That sounds awfully familiar. Wait a damn-

"Hey Mama Quinn! Is Elizabeth in there?" I asked as she walked down the hall. "You seemed to be having a conversation when I walked in here so I decided to wait."

Mama Quinn looked at me, stopping. I looked her in the eyes, tilting my head.

I've gotten good at lying, not that it's necessarily a good thing. But, whenever I want anyone to believe me, I just look them in the eye with a blank expression. It's kinda funny really, cause tilting my head adds to the 'innocent' effect.

"Yeah, she's in y'alls room. Careful, she's still pretty tired." I nodded, heading down the hall once again. I knocked on our bedroom door, pushing it open. Elizabeth was sitting at the edge of our bed, her feet dangling over the side. I walked over, sitting down beside her.

"Hey, I'm back." I greeted, grabbing Elizabeth's hand. She looked up at me, smiling.

"Hey Meliodas! How did it go?" I began to explain about how Mr, Willburry said that I could work as their crafts man, fixing things and making them. Zeldris helped out with selling things and checking the people out.

"Yeah, I start next week. What about you?" I asked, trying to slowly ask what the conversation was about.

"Oh, I-..uh actually..I had a good day. I helped Quinn with some chores and breakfast." Elizabeth said, staring at her feet. I squeezed her hand a bit, tilting my head.

"So..What was that conversation about...?" I asked hesitantly. Elizabeth looked up at me with a shocked expression, stuttering.

"O-oh uh..t-that..it was n-nothing..don't worry about it." I nodded, looking her dead in the eye.