Seven

I laughed, throwing my head back. Elizabeth was holding onto my shoulder, laughing. We'd been dancing all night to old folk songs. Elizabeth knew all of them, explaining more about her grandfather. Mama Quinn and Miguel cooked their famous gumbo, in which was devoured by all of the third class. Me and Elizabeth only got one bowl, in which we shared. It was awesome, and Elizabeth agreed.

We were sitting on the deck, some third class passengers around us. We were hanging our feet off of the side of the boat, talking and joking. I had about two mugs of ale.

"To think about how pissed my father will be!" She exclaimed, laughing while holding onto my shoulder. Elizabeth's language also went from 'proper' to 'fuck all of you'. It was very interesting and shocking to Mama Quinn, but she liked it. I did too. It was a new side to her that I've never seen, and it amused me.

"Yeah, He'll probably kill you! Along with Estarossa!" I said, leaning my head on hers. We laughed, joking about 'oh you were out so late!'.

Ban had met up with Elaine. They were probably in their cabin going at it right now. Me and Elizabeth were left to watch the stars alone. Not the best situation, taking that we were alone and had flirted back and fourth over the span of about a week. But, at the same time I was relieved to get some alone time with her.

"Mama Quinn'll kill me too." I stated, calming down my laughing. Elizabeth stopped laughing all together, looking up at the stars.

"Are you guys like family?" She asked, a saddened expression clouding her face. I sighed, swinging my legs.

"Yeah..Mama Quinn took me in once she saw me chained up. Watched after me. Miguel is her son. He's like a little brother to me.." I explained, looking at her. She nodded, her eyes loosing their normal sparkle. "What's wrong?"

"Well, you guys look so happy together..like an actual family. It doesn't matter what race you come from...your like family. I just-..never felt like that with my family. I don't even know if I'm apart of that family. They want me to marry off for my father's stupid business. I don't care about that! I just want to live with someone I love and cherish! I want to start a family with the man who loves me not for looks, but for my personality! Not because of..of people who want money..!"

Elizabeth was crying now, yelling into the night sky. No one was on the deck now, just me and her small sobs. Her shaky voice echoed out into the ocean, ringing in my ears.

"I just want feel that type of love!" I let her cry, I let her tell me how she felt. She told me about how she didn't want to marry Estarossa like her family wanted. She told me about how after telling me about the whole librarian thing she felt like he could pursue her dream. She told me that she liked how my smile cheered her up and how the very expressions on my face made her want to be just the same. The way I hid how I felt and just smiled through the pain. How I'm the one thought that makes her sleep at night. Her cry's made me want to cry along with her.

I knew I couldn't. I didn't want this night to end like this, where she goes back to her room without any sense of comfort.

"Elizabeth.." I whispered, grabbing her hand. She looked up at me, her tears glowing in the moonlight. I tilted my head, giving her a small smile. "It's okay. I know how you feel. I've felt that way before..but I'm here now. You don't have to feel that way anymore."

Elizabeth hugged me tight, thanking my over and over. I held her close, a grim expression appearing on my face. Why do I feel eyes on the back of my head..?

I pulled away, my hands on Elizabeth's shoulders.

"Hey Elizabeth, I cant help myself anymore. But, can you just trust me for a hot minute or two?" She nodded, looking slightly confused. That feeling, deep down in my gut I could feel someone watching us. What that theory about a sixth sense? Being able to sense things without knowing who it actually is.

I leaned down, pulling Elizabeth towards me. She gasped as I kissed her passionately. After a few moments, she kissed back. I took in the sweet taste of her lips, the way they caressed mine. That feeling of someone watching us grew more pressuring, so I pulled away. Elizabeth looked me dead in the eyes, her expression even more confused. I turned my head, looking behind myself.

"Ah, step-brother. Funny seeing you here this late..."

It's about to go down, the fight to the death (death, death, death). I'm kidding, but hope you like the cliffhanger 😉! Love ya'll!
-Author-Chan (don't call me that)