Thirteen

I giggled as Meliodas walked me around the deck, pointing to things and explaining them in a 'fancy' tone.

"And there is the crows nest Madam. Oh, look! There's the Captains office." Meliodas said.

"I know silly." I laughed, bumping shoulders with the man. Meliodas bent down, whispering as the Captain of the ship stepped out of his office.

"Nu-uh, the men up there aren't doing their job and instead are drinking ale, and the Captain is having an affair with his maid." Meliodas said, causing me to gasp and cover my mouth.

"How do you know?" I aksed curiously. Meliodas chuckled, looking down.

"They are both as equally loud as Ban and Eliane in the sheets." He stated, causing me to laugh out loud. The Captain shot us a glare, making us run off towards the first class ballroom.

Laughing and squeezing through the crowd with glares and scowls from mothers and fathers with their children, we reached the grand staircase. Meliodas looked at me with a devious grin, nodding towards the stairs. Somehow, I knew what he wanted me to do.

I returned, his smile and nodded, starting up the stairs. Meliodas ran off behind the tall stair case, dissapearing out of sight. I giggled, picking up the long dress I had on and began running. When I reached the top, I turned around to see Meliodas's head peeking from around the corner. We breifly made eyecontact before he dissapeared again. It made me laugh as people passed by, either a waitress, staff, or just woman and men.

I waited patienly, looking out for Meliodas. Then just like that, he popped out from the side of the staircase. He walked over to the baister, reaching his hands out in my direction. I walked towards the wooden banister, gliding my hand against the detailed thing.

I hoisted myself up, the whole time asking myself if I was really about to do this. I really was, and Meliodas is the key reason behind it. He made me feel free, like I could do anything. Like the time he told me that I could be a librarian. Or the other time when we danced on tables like nobody was watching. Meliodas was my freedom that I had always searched for. And just like now, he's gonna catch me.

I sat on the railing, holding on for dear life. The people around me stopped to look as I slid down the banister, holding back my hair. I slid down, coming in fast. My heart started racing as the thought of falling ran through my mind. Once I reached the bottom of the banister, I jumped into Meliodas's arms, landing swiftly on the glossy wooden floor.

Two staff members came running down the stairs, yelling out inaudible words. Meliodas grabbed my hand and ran, dragging me behind him. The staff kept running after us as we ran through the halls, bumping into one person after the other. Meliodas quickly apolozizing left and right. The staff followed us all the way to a lift we stopped at. I laughed as we slid through the lift's doors, them shutting quietly. The two staff members stopped, watching us as we went down and they stayed put. I smiled, sticking up my finger at them as they disappeared from view. Meliodas threw his head back, laughing. He copied the crude gesture, sticking his tongue out.

Oh, this is gonna be a fun night...