Forty-Four

I stared at the black haired boy, pitying him. Estarossa stood up, turning around to face us.

"Congratulations Thomas and Wendy Liones, your going to be grandparents." He said, placing his hands on his hips. I gasped, bringing a hand up to my mouth.

"You can't be serious!" We said in unison. I was more excited than anything, but Thomas seemed irritated.

"Are they even married?!" He asked angrily, pacing back and forth. The boy shook his head, staring at his feet and sobbing. I furrowed my eyebrows as the men talked back and forth. Did he really have to go that far? Thomas agreed to threaten and not actually do anything. Just to pry information from him.

Thomas pat my back, turning me around and walking us out of the room. Estarossa pulled the keys out of his pocket, locking the door. I began up the stairs, all the time thinking about that little boy..
~~~

I sighed, pulling the freshly baked cake out of the oven. Miguel was sitting at the table, playing with some type of toy Meliodas bought him. Speaking of which, Meliodas was in our room laying down. He came home feeling sick so I told him to go lay down. In just a minute his soup would be done.

"Here Miguel, take this." I said, handing him his slice of cake. "Eat up while I go give this to Meliodas."

I poured some soup into a bowl, grabbing a small spoon. Miguel began to devour his slice, leaving not a single crumb behind. I giggled, walking back to Meliodas and I's room. I knocked on the door softly, opening it. Meliodas laid softly on the bed, staring at the wall. He seemed to be lost in thought as I walked over, setting the bowl down on the side table. I sat on the edge of the bed, reaching out my hand to run my fingers through his bangs. His forehead was hot and his skin was damp, as if he had a fever. My calm face was washed over with a look of pity, my eyebrows stitching with worry.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly, even though I already knew he had a fever. Meliodas shifted, pulling the thick blanket he had on more onto his shoulder. He heaved a sigh, closing his eyes.

"I don't want to worry you." His tired voice replied. I replied with a small 'hmph', playing with his messy hair.

"A little problem won't worry me Meliodas. You being in this shape does." I said, tilting my head. Meliodas peered up at me, his eyes watering.

"I just..Zeldris...Estarossa I think he...kidnapped Zel and..I don't know what to do." He explained. My eyes widened with shock.

"Meliodas why didn't you tell me when you got home?!" I exclaimed. He seemed to be fighting with himself, not knowing what to reply with.

"I didn't want to worry you..it's hard to explain at the moment. I don't want to talk about this." He said, going back to staring at the wall. I sighed, standing up. I walked into the bathroom, grabbing a rag and damping it with cold water. I walked back out of the bathroom, sitting back down on the edge of the bed. Meliodas flipped to his back as I folded the rag. I reached out my hand, brushing his bangs back and placing the damp rag on his forehead.

"Next time, try not to stay out in that snow for too long honey." I said, changing the topic. I earned a huff in reply. I smiled slightly, tilting my head. Meliodas closed his eyes, his soft breath the only thing I could hear. I traced his eyebrows with my middle finger softly, that soft breath disappearing and turning into a small snore. I kept tracing his eyebrows until I felt his whole body relax, his head becoming heavy and falling to the side. I leaned down, kissing his slightly dry lips.

"Goodnight baby.." I whispered, standing up. I heard a knock at the door, turning around. Miguel was standing there, nodding his head down the hallway.

"Some people by the names Diane, Harlequin, and Ban. They heard that Meliodas wasn't feeling good from Mr. Willburry or whatever." I nodded, walking out of the room.

"Those are some of Meliodas's friends." I explained, walking to the front door. I grabbed the door knob, twisting it and pulling the door open. I peered out to see the trio standing there in their coats and scarves. I placed a hand on my stomach, opening the door some more.

"Come on in!" I ushered the flabbergasted three inside, taking their coats from them. I hung them on the coatrack, turning around and dusting off my hands. Diane had a confused and angry look on her face. Ban and Harlequin looked both as equally confused and flustered.

"Y-you're pregnant!?"