Fifty-One

"Labor?" Was the first thing he could muster. I placed a hand on my lower stomach, the pain worse. It was like someone was stabbing me over and over in the same spot.

"Yes, now we need to get her to the doctor." Quinn said sternly, earning a worried glance from Zeldris.

"But the doctor is three miles away, she won't make it that far." He remarked, looking from me to her.

"Then someone run and get him while I take care of her." Meliodas nodded, helping me over to Quinn. He then took off in the direction of the doctors house, leaving Zeldris and me behind. Quinn helped me inside, giving directions to Zeldris.

"I need towels and a damp rag, two pillows and a thin blanket. Quick boy!" Zeldris ran off, Quinn ushering me into the bathroom. She laid me down, the pain worsening by the second.

"This is what you needed." A flustered Zeldris said, laying the things beside Quinn. She nodded, grabbing a pillow and setting it under my head. She then tucked the second pillow by the top of my behind. It subsided the pain, but only for a mere second.

I screamed, trying to reach out for something to grab and hold onto. Quinn grabbed my hand with hers, letting me squeeze it.

"Where is he?" I groaned, my eyes watering.

"Meliodas will be here with the doctor shortly, I promise." She said, earning a whimper from me. A few minutes later, I heard running footsteps and heaving breaths. I turned my head to see Meliodas rushing to my side, a doctor walking towards Quinn. I let go of Quinn's hand and grabbed Meliodas's, crying.

"It's okay Elizabeth, I'm here." He reassured me, brushing hair out of my face. I whimpered again, sobbing.

"Okay, Ms. Liones. Can you take deep breaths for me?" I nodded at whoever said it, inhaling. I exhaled shakily, repeating the first step. I kept doing this over and over again until it hurt to. That when the doctor grabbed gloves and slid them over his hands.

"Just keep breathing-"

"I can't!" I exclaimed, the pain spreading. Meliodas squeezed my hand, kissing it gently.

"Yes you can, I know you can." He said softly, wincing as I screamed. The doctor laid the blanket over my knees, covering my lower section completely.

"When I say, need you to push." I shook my head, my breath short.

"It hurts! That'll only make it worse!" I yelled. Quinn grabbed my other hand, sitting on her knees.

"Elizabeth, you can. I know you can." She said, earring a groan from me.

"Push!" I sat up slightly, pain surging through my body as I did so. The four congratulated me as I fell back, my head hitting the pillow.

"Okay, I see it. I need you to push again." I did the same thing, this time screaming. I felt my nails dig into Meliodas's hand, something wet trickling down his palm. He didn't seem to care, he just peered over at the doctor.

"One last-!" I didn't need to hear the dreaded word again. I just pushed with all my might, falling back as a numbness spread over me. After a few minutes, I heard crying as the doctor wrapped flailing arms and legs in a towel. The snipping of scissors indicated that an umbilical cord was cut, a baby being laid on my chest. The baby, Theo, stared at me, her blue eyes curious. Meliodas stared in awe, his eyes gleaming.

"Oh wow.." was all he could muster. I flashed a weak smile, squeezing his hand.

"Here, hold your daughter.." I said, earning a nod. Meliodas carefully picked up the bundle, holding the small baby in his arms. A giggle erupted from the small bundle of towels as he cooed.

"So you were the fastest one, huh?" He laughed, tilting his head. I sighed, my eyes closing slowly. I felt my body relax, my mind filled with nothing but sleep.

"Elizabeth..?"

Those were the last words before passing out on the cold bathroom floor.