Epilouge

~Five years later~

Theo ran around with Meliodas in the yard, swinging wooden swords. I sat on the porch swing, rubbing my second baby bump. I'm seven months along, so pretty close to my due date. Miguel is now 17, Quinn turned 43 a week ago, and Meliodas is 24. Theo is 5, and a little ball of energy. I turned 23 yesterday, my birthday present a blue onesie and a nightgown, a nightgown I was wearing right now.

"Theo! Come here!" Meliodas exclaimed, Theo running into his arms. He picked her up and bent down, setting her on his knee.

"You see that glowing thing? That's a firefly." He whispered, earning an 'oo' in response. He stood back up, walking towards the porch. I watched silently as he set Theo beside me, sitting on my other side.

"It's about time we go inside, don't you think?"

"Yes, Theo it's way past your bedtime missy." I said, standing up. Theo hopped off of the porch swing, running inside.

"Yes mommy!" She exclaimed before closing the door. I giggled, Meliodas holding my hand as we walked inside. Quinn sat by the fire, reading a book. Theo rushed out of her room, giving her a peck on the cheek. She then ran up to me, doing the same as she did to Quinn. Meliodas picked Theo up and kissed her on the nose, walking towards her room. I followed behind, stopping at the doorway of her room. I watched as Meliodas hummed a little lullaby, laying Theo down in her bed. He tucked her in and said goodnight, walking out of the room. I smiled, closing the door.

"She sure does love her daddy." Meliodas nodded, kissing me.

"She loves her mommy just as much." He said as we headed towards our room.

Meliodas closed our door as I laid down, snuggling into a pillow. He walked up to me, snatching the pillow out of my hands and throwing it across the room. He slid into its place, earning a giggle from me. He's still jealous of that thing.

I snuggled into his side, his hand on my belly. I felt him trace stars all over, sighing. I closed my eyes, thinking of Gelda and Zeldris as I fell asleep.

Zeldris had grown up to be a mature 21 year old, right beside a pregnant 20 year old Gelda. We found out the news a month ago. The two decided that they wanted to grow their family, so after a lot of planning, they decided it was time. After a few tries, Gelda finally got pregnant. Now I'm going to be an aunt of two sweet nieces.

Unfortunately, Mr. Willburry died of a seizure. He was 93 when it happened, on his birthday. Meliodas and Zeldris were celebrating the day when he fell out of his chair, violently shaking. Meliodas tried CPR while Zeldris got the doctor, but he passed before anyone could help. That was the second time I ever saw him bawl his eyes out. The first time was the night he found out Zeldris had been taken.

Meliodas and Zeldris took over the shop, Meliodas becoming the manager and Zeldris working as the cashier. I think the decision he made was very mature.

Other than that, my father was hospitalized and arrested. Evidence about Estarossa's death was found and tampered with. Meliodas had been called in, due to the fact that traces of his blood and hair had been found in the house. He admitted that he had killed him, but explained that it was in self defense. The police dig a bit deeper and found that he wasn't lying. My father, a man who was once selfish, owned up to kidnapping Zeldris and tampering with evidence to cover up the murder. The last words I received from him wasn't to me, rather to Meliodas. The letter read as following:

Dear Mr. Ire,
I have done many selfish things in my past. I kept my daughter from the outside world. I stole, I lied, I cheated at everything I did. I knew the type of person he was and I pushed it aside. I put money and power before my family. I tried to force my daughter to do what I wanted her to do.
Truth is, I'm not that nice of a man, at least, I'm not the man I used to be. I was just like you when I was younger. Outgoing and a troublemaker. I met my wife like you met my daughter, in a bizarre way. I was over joyed when we had our first daughter, and then our second. Wendy, Mrs. Liones, had the dream of starting a business, a dream to sell flowers. I didn't believe that would make money, so instead I invested in construction work. I built all around Great Britain, houses and market places. I pushed Wendy and my daughters away.
By the time Elizabeth was born, we had grown, money wise. We moved into a big house on a fancy neighborhood with little to no crime. When Elizabeth turned 12, I started locking her in the house. I didn't want her to leave and marry someone I didn't choose, someone who was the opposite of me. So when I found out that Courtesy was traveling to the US, I bought tickets. Elizabeth thought it was for Wendy, but it wasn't for her. It was for myself.
By that time, I had everything mapped out. Elizabeth would be introduced to Illying, and they would get married. I wasn't expecting for her to meet you before they met, but it happened, and I knew she was drifting away. I sent Illying after you, but it was already to late. She had fallen in love with you and wouldn't let you go.
It took me over the years to finally realize that I couldn't control my daughter. She was her own person, and I can't go against her decisions. At your wedding I was thinking about how much I hated sitting through the two of your vows. I wanted to stand up and yell objection, but I didn't. I sat and watched as my daughter made her own decision, and it was the best one she could ever make.
I don't know you personally, but the actions you've made have shown me that you are a gentleman. The way you swept my daughter off her feet and kiss her passionately just proves my point. You gave her what I couldn't, and this letter is my way of thanking you. You gave her a home, you had wonderful children with her, you've been a lovely husband. If she had agreed with me the day I told her about the arranged marriage, she would have been miserable. I can still remember the look on her face.
I want to thank you, Meliodas Ire, for giving my daughter everything she ever wanted.

Sincerely, Thomas Liones

In everything that had happened to us, both in sad and happy times, we stuck together. We fought side by side and we won that way. Meliodas won me, and I won him. There's only three words I can use to describe him. My Sweet Freedom.
~~~

(You can play the song and just close your eyes and imagine everything playing out from the beginning in front of you)

I wanted to thank everyone who read this story, it means a lot to me. Funny thing actually, this whole idea was based off of a school story. I wrote the first chapter in school, on Friday, February 11th, 2021 at 2:36. I remember it vividly for some odd reason.

All of these comments were amazing and funny. I loved getting in here and spreading all the sad and happy times I put these characters through. I enjoyed the fact that I could share my writing, both serious and spicy. I wanted to give yet, another shoutout to these people:

Liza01104
midnight_flxwers
Anne1q1111
SDS-Writer
lustfulclusterfuck
IOnlyWantToRead1

These people were here from the begging, cheering me on as I continued writing. Their comments made me laugh, smile, and cry all at once. I love each and one of you from the bottom of my heart.
With love, Author-Chan