Six

I held onto Meliodas's hand as he called out names I've never heard.

"Ban! Harlequin! Diane! Where are you guys!" People didn't seem to know what personal space was here. I liked it! All the dancing and singing made my eye/s twinkle and my heart fill with joy. Even right now, I just want throw my head back and laugh.

"There you are! Ban!" Meliodas led me to a dim corner of the room, where a tall man with another man and girl sat.

The tall man had short, spiky periwinkle hair and red eyes. He was wearing a similar outfit to Meliodas, except his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and he had black boots on. The other man had short brown hair and thin eyebrows. He was wearing the same thing as Ban, except it looked too big for his small body and his brown boots' laces were untied. The girl had dark brown hair that was tied into twin pigtails with two black strings. She had a short dress on, reaching just past her knees. Her violet eyes looked at me with confusion, making me a little uncomfortable. They were all looking at me, making my fiddle with my thumbs. I need to stop that nervous habit.

"Hey Ban, Diane, Harlequin. What are you guys doing?" The tall man stood up, placing his hand on Meliodas's head and talking to him like a kid.

"You should've been here sooner Mel, there just starting the gambling but I couldn't join till I had my right hand man." Meliodas looked annoyed at the tall guy, slapping his hand away.

"Why don't you dance with that blondie, Elaine, Ban." Meliodas replied, causing, I guess Ban, to rub the back of his neck and let out an annoyed 'tsk'.

"She's still gettin' ready.." He mumbled, sitting back down. Meliodas turned towards me, squeezing my hand a little.

"Let me introduce you. This is Ban, Harlequin, and Diane. They're some close friends I met over the years. Guys, this is Elizabeth. She is...a friend.." Meliodas explained, dragging out 'friend' as if he were questioning his choice of words. Diane wasn't buying it though, for she had stood up and pointed at our hands.

"Yeah, like I'm believing your bs Meli!" Diane exclaimed, a hand on her hip. I quickly pulled my hand away, coming up with an excuse.

"Oh he was leading me here and we were running and all and I couldn't keep up." I rambled on, waving my hands. Diane glared at me, pulling her hand away and placing it on her other hip.

"You....your a first class! What are you doing here?! You should be up there with all those fancy meals and rooms and...and.." I could see her face glazing over with a saddened expression. I couldn't blame her. I was supposed to be upstairs with father and mother, enjoying the cozy rooms. But I don't like it up there. It's boring and feels like a prison. Down here, I can show my true colors, just like everyone else.

"Actually, I'd rather be here. I feel more comfortable and in place more than I ever have so...maybe we can go around and have some fun?" I suggested, only causing the brunette to storm off, cursing. I sighed, furrowing my brow. A hand patted my shoulder, causing me to turn around.

"I would leave her be. She had a rough time at a camp a few months ago. She didn't have all the stuff other kids got when she was little and always wanted to be the head of the team, you know what I mean? She's just a little upset right now. It'll pass, promise." Meliodas smiled, tilting his head. I nodded, smiling as well.

"Get a room you two." Ban groaned, gulping down a mug of ale. I blushed slightly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. All this 'couple talk' made me a bit uneasy.

I stood, not knowing what to do. Meliodas was talking with Ban, asking about his shoes. Ban handed him a pair of knee long boots and some clothes. Meliodas walked off with it, disappearing into a crowd. King went to go find Diane, leaving me with Ban.