Forty-Six

^^I was really proud of this 😩🤚
~~~
A/N- So I noticed that there was confusion between time frames. I edited the last chapter so instead of a week, it has been two days. I wanted to make sure Meli got to Zelly before Christmas, and since it was the twentieth, a week passing wouldn't work. Sorry for the confusion, I hope you can forgive the silly mistake I made.
~~~

December 23rd, 2 days left. 2 days left until Christmas is here, 2 days left for me to check this place out. It's now or never Mel.

I silently sat up, sliding out of bed. It was still dark out. Elizabeth was still sound asleep. I walked over to the wardrobe, pulling out a warm shirt. I slipped it on over my bare chest, pulling on socks. Elizabeth stirred behind me as I pulled on my boots, flipping to face the window. She grabbed her little pillow, that lucky bastard. I sighed. Now is not the time to be jealous of a pillow.

I grabbed my coat, slipping it on. I walked back over to the bed, bending down. I kissed Elizabeth on the forehead, brushing her bangs out of her face.

"I love you." I whispered, standing back up and walking towards the door. Elizabeth stirred again, her eyes fluttering open.

"Meliodas..? Where are you going this early? You still have a fever.." I nodded slowly, turning around.

"I know honey, I know. I have...an early shift, this morning. I'll be back whenever Mr. Willburry sends me home. He may have me sleep at the shop, so don't worry if I don't make it back. I promise I'll be back by tomorrow morning." I lied, earning a small squeak in reply. I opened our bedroom door, stepping out into the hallway. I tried my best not to step on any of the creaky floorboards, since Mama is a light sleeper. I could hear her snoring from her room as I passed it, tiptoeing my way to the front door. I sighed as I made it to the front door, opening it and stepping outside.

I made my way through the cold snow, keeping the address in my head. Charles St., 16399. That's where they are. That's where my little brother is. I don't care if I am sick, they could kill him. And right when it's close to Christmas.  That's the worse time to loose a loved one, trust me (Author-Chan I fucking swear if you kill my baby off).

I looked up at the signs, the fading moonlight illuminating the words. Charles Street. I felt my blood begin to boil, my hands tightening into fists. I'm going to kill that fucking bastard the when I see him.

I walked silently down the street, peering at the numbers. I strained my eyes, and that's when I spotted it. 16399.

I ran towards the old building, stopping at the door. This may have been an old building, but it was very classy. In the dim moonlight I could see the carefully carved railing, delicate stairs. Alright Meliodas, just walk in there and find your brother.

I went to open the door when it was swung open by none other than Elizabeth's father. He had something in his right hand, tucked carefully behind his back.

"Yes? What do you want?" He asked. I glared at him.

"My younger brother, and I know you have him." I said, earning a chuckle.

"Of course Mr. Illying-"

"It's Ire, my mother's maiden name." I spat, stepping inside the house. I shouldn't have thought he would have let me in that easily. Why? The next thing you know I had a knife in my side. I was stunned by the shock, but soon enough the pain surged through my body. I'm too close to turn back now.

I stared at the man as he pinned me against a wall, pushing the knife deeper. I placed a hand on his shoulder, blood filling my mouth. I spat it out, pushing her father back. He let go of the knife, falling backwards.

I started limping down the hallway, my left hand on the knife handle. Mr. Liones (fucking 'man') sat there, laughing like a maniac. My breathing became shallow as I turned a corner, leaning my back against the wall. I've got to do something about this knife.

I inhaled deeply, placing both of my hands on my handle of the knife. Don't even think about it, just yank it out.

My hands shook as I counted to 5, silently trying to hold back tears. Just do it.

I yanked the knife out of my side, blood gushing out into the carpet. I bit my tongue back, holding in a scream. Come one.

I kept limping down the hallway, blood staining the carpet with every step. I placed my right hand where the deep gash was, using my left hand to hold the knife. I know that the family is involved with kidnapping Zeldris, but the home is still nice. I don't want to ruin the carpet with my stupid red liquid.

I saw an old door by the end of the hallway. There was a 'keep out' sign hanging on the door, very obvious to tell that's where he was now.

I picked up my pace the best I could, reaching the door. I reached my hand, twisting the doorknob and pushing the door open. I almost tripped down the stairs as I stumbled down them, hitting the ground floor.

"Zeldris..!" I called out, gasping for air. I saw another hallway, a scream erupting from an open doorway. A sudden rush of adrenaline pushed me forward, causing me to run towards the scream. I stopped at the doorway, looking inside. I saw Zeldris tied to a chair, Estarossa holding his twisted ankle in his hands.

"Where is it!?" Estarossa yelled, grabbing Zeldris's other foot. My already hot blood began to boil, rage surging through my body. I ran forward, holding my elbow as I smashed my shoulder into his side, causing Estarossa to fall over. I fell beside him, but I quickly jumped up and rolled on top of him, the knife in my left hand.

"Meliodas!"