Four

Quick A/N- So I was thinking last night about how Meliodas has seven hearts, right? So what if because of him having seven hearts, his body temperature is way higher than a normal humans, so he would wear loose clothes and tank tops to keep himself cool. Now I can't get it out of my head. Anyways, continue-

~~~
I stared at the painted deck, not wanting to show how I felt. Although I was crumbling at the thought of marrying a man I'd just met, I had to keep up the smile. Just like Meliodas does. He's always smiling, no matter what he goes through.

I sighed slightly, listening as Meliodas excitedly looked himself up and down.

"Elizabeth I-I can't beilive it- I'm finally free!" His voice echoed in my ears. The sound of it, that singsong and cocky tone of his always made my heart flutter. But why? Maybe it is because I finally found a friend who can understand me. Or maybe it's because...

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" I felt a tight embrace enclose around my torso. A head dove into my lower neck, causing tingles to run down my spine.

I hesitated in returning the gesture. Should I hug him back? Should I pull away?

I placed my hands on his upper back, squeezing just the tiniest bit. I could feel his heartbeat against my chest, his breath on my ear.

"Don't thank me..if you hadn't gotten the keys, right?" I felt his head nod as he pulled away, his hands staying put on my waist.

"But you are the one who unlocked the cuffs for me. So, I guess it was 50/50. Still, thank you." Meliodas smiled, looking me in the eye. I couldn't help but smile back.

How would I describe Meliodas? He's always an upbeat person, a cheeky smile always worn. He's always coming up with ways to make others laugh, at least from what I've seen. Just a sweet and kind person. To me, he's adventurous and sort of a trouble maker. Though, I love the thought of being with him. Or maybe it's the thought of not being so alone in this awful world (totally not a peach scone reference :p).

I was about to hug Meliodas again when I heard clapping from behind me.

"Well, well, well. What's going on here, Elizabeth? I thought you needed some fresh air, I didn't think it'd be with another man, no, a boy. Why don't you come back to where you are supposed to be. We can talk things out." I turned around to see the tall silver headed man from earlier. He was standing about six feet away from me, but yet it was still too close. I felt the hands on my waist tighten slightly, shaking. I looked back up at Meliodas, hearing his unsteady breathing.

"El, don't you know what this boy did? He's a thief. I thought you were better than that." Estarossa spoke, almost making me shake myself.

"I know perfectly well what I'm doing. Meliodas, this man, isn't a thief in my eyes. Even if he was, it doesn't mean he should be outcasted, thrown away. What if I did those things to you, thrown a bucket over your head with freezing water, ignore your requests, not give you a single meal!" I snapped back. The hands on my waist turning me around and pulling me close.

"Ah, step-brother. Long time no see. So, how's the wealthy life treating you?"

~~~

A/N- I yet again will apologize for how short this is, I wanted it to sort of be 'intense', so I dug into the thick skull I have, pulled out the best plot twist, and BAM! Now you know the they are step-bros. Heh, 'Step-bro, I'm stuck!'

I'm kidding! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this part! - Author