Forty-Seven

I huffed, the taste of blood on my tongue. Estarossa seemed shocked, but then his expression relaxed. He froze, not moving. I stared into his blue eyes, not seeing any trace of dishonesty. It's like I could...trust him.

I was quickly told otherwise as he grabbed my right wrist, flipping me over. I winced as he dragged me to a concrete wall, propping me up against it. I sat and watched as he stood up straight, clenching his fists. Here it comes, just prepare yourself.

I felt a pain surge through my body as he punched me, knocking me over. He began kicking my stomach, over and over again. I coughed up blood every time his foot collided with my frail body.

"Meliodas!" Zeldris cried, tears running down his face. "Stop it! Leave him alone!"

I watched helplessly as he thrashed around, trying to break the bonds holding him back. He was screaming an unknown name, though it was common.

I felt one more final blow, the hardest he's ever done. My head bashed against the wall, falling to the floor. My eyelids felt heavy, I just want to sleep. So tired..

Estarossa bent down, picking my head up by my hair. I winced, waiting for another hit. But that hit never came, he just let out a small 'hmph' before dropping my head. I let it smash against the concrete floor, not putting in any effort to soften the fall. I just want to sleep..

I let my eyes close, my breathing shortening. Sleep..I just want to sleep...
~~~

I woke up, the sun shining on my face. I held my hand up, blocking the sun rays blinding me. I turned to see Elizabeth stirring beside me. Her bump was gone, but I already knew why.

"Mommy! Daddy! Time to get up! Grand Mama helped my make pancakes!" I smiled at the small silver headed girl running into the room, jumping on the bed. I held a finger up to my lips, shushing Theo. I silently pointed to her sleeping mother, smiling. She nodded, getting in a pouncing position. I did the same, hovering my hands over Elizabeth's waist.

"3...2...1!" I exclaimed, Theo and I tickling the silverette. She began laughing, sitting up and snatching Theo, bringing her up in her arms.

"You caught mommy silly!" Elizabeth said, blowing a raspberry on our little girl's stomach. I smiled as I watched them, a dreamy look in my eye.

"Alright little one, you go set the table while mommy and daddy get up." Elizabeth said, setting Theo down on the floor and ushering her out the door. Elizabeth turned to me once Theo closed the door, looking me in the eye. I reached forward, brushing her bangs out of her face. I could see both of her eyes now. They peered into mine, searching for something. I leaned down, setting my hands on her waist and kissing Elizabeth passionately. She kissed me back, her hands on my chest. I pulled away a few minutes after, tilting my head.

"Let's go eat some pancakes princess." I said, smiling warmly. Elizabeth nodded, grabbing my left hand with hers. She interlocked our fingers together, something cold and metallic hitting my skin. I looked a little closer, noticing a silver wedding band on my ring finger. Elizabeth had the same thing, just more feminine. It had a sapphire tucked softly in a little gem holder, keeping it in place. Somehow, all these memories were running through my mind, everything that has happened over the years. Birth, marriage, lovely home, everything I've ever wanted. Right here, and I don't have to do anything. I don't want to move from this spot, never. This is where I belong.

"Meliodas..." I heard Elizabeth's sweet voice say. "You need to wake up."

I stared at her expression, confused. "W-what do you mean?"

"None of this is real. Wake up, Zeldris needs you. Hurry up before it's too late.." Elizabeth's voice slowly faded, along with the house and my surroundings. I wasn't at home anymore, I was back in the basement. Pain erupted from my stomach and I started breathing again.

My eyes shot open and I stood up, my right hand across my stomach. I re-gripped the knife, bearing the blade at Estarossa. Only one of us is leaving here, and it's not going to be him.

I took a wobbly step forward, balancing myself. Estarossa looked at me, a cocky grin plastered on his face.

"Ready for round 2?" I spit out the blood in my mouth, lunging forward. I head butted him, watching as he fell to the ground. He looked absolutely helpless from this angle.

I stepped forward. If he's going out, I'm making sure he suffers first. All that shit he did to my mother will not be left to rest. Karma's a bitch, and she bites back in the most peculiar ways.

I kicked him where it hurts, earning a cry of pain. I let out a small 'hmph', getting on top of him. He looked up at me with fear and remorse. I don't know what it was, the adrenaline or the rage coursing through my veins, but it's something. Something giving me enough energy to finish this bastard off once and for all.

I balled my hands up into fists, tucking the knife in my waist band. I punched him once, then twice, and so forth. I did so over and over, my energy slowly decimating. I stopped, looking at my hands. My knuckles were coated in blood. I shook it off, grabbing the knife again.

"What if I broke some of your fingers? I should rip out your fingernails and break your ankle. I should do everything you did to Zeldris, but no. I'm going to do something much worse. I'm going to kill you, and leave you hear to rot. Maybe then you'll realize what you've done." I said, setting the tip of the blade right by his heart. He looked at me with a pleading look in his eyes. I ignored it, pushing the knife down slightly.

"W-wait please!" He begged. "I-...I-..brother..our love it's...! Nothing can come in between it! T-this bond!" I tilted my head, glaring at him.

"This is no bond, and you were never my brother. You abused all the people you knew.." I said bitterly. Estarossa closed his eyes, muttering.

"God please help me.." He prayed. I leaned down, nose to nose with my rival.

"Say hi to God."

I pushed the knife into his chest, watching as his eyes widened and then dulled, the life draining from him. I would have done his head, but that's a quicker way. I want to make sure he suffers, pays for what he did.

I stood up, yanking the knife out of his chest. I used my shirt to wipe the blood of before walking back to Zeldris. He had passed out sometime during the ordeal, but it seemed like he was regaining consciousness. I carefully cut the rope, untying his wrists. I helped him to his feet, letting him hold onto me for support. I tossed the knife across the room, hoisting him up.

Together, we limped out of the room and down the hallway. Up the stairs and through another hallway. Through the front door and pass Mr. Liones, Who was still laughing. Through the snow and off of Charles Street. Down a hill and towards their house. Up their porch and through the front door. To the couch. That's when I laid Zeldris down, covering him with a blanket. I left him to sleep there, Gelda would surely find him in the morning. His fingers were wrapped in gauze, as if someone gave him first aid which is good.

I walked out of the house and back towards the cabin. I reached the hill in a short amount of time, but it would take me longer to climb up it.

My blood stained the pure white snow as I walked, my footsteps uneven and scattered. My stomach ached and my heat hurt, but I pushed pass it. I have a promise to fulfill.

I stopped right before the porch steps, looking up at the door. My eyelids felt heavy again, the pain seeping to my core. My heart pounded as more blood gushed out of my wound. My knees felt weak, my legs shaking.

I succumbed to my tiredness, falling backwards. I landed on the soft snow, the suns light peeking over the hill. I closed my eyes, listening to the chirping of the birds. It's so....peaceful...
~~~

I rubbed my eyes, a cup of herbal tea in my hands. I opened the front door, stepping outside and onto the porch. I rubbed my baby bump, sipping my tea. I peered around the yard, spotting a trail of red leading up the hill. I followed it with my eyes to the porch.

I gasped, dropping my tea cup. It fell to the ground, shattering. I stepped forward, my eye/s widening and my hands shaking.

"Meliodas!"