Thirty-One

It's been three weeks since Meliodas came over to the house and told me about Elizabeth. When he was here, he seemed uneasy, like he was confused and didn't know what to do. Now, every time he walked into the shop for his shift, he seemed more and more excited. He would give me little updates, telling me about how Elizabeth craves strawberries even though she's never had a sweet tooth. I remember yesterday he practically kicked the door down.

"Zeldris, guess what!" He had exclaimed while we were on break. "Elizabeth is showing a bit of a bump!" I had chuckled, taking a bite of the turkey sandwich I had payed for.

He was so happy that his girlfriend had a baby bump, explaining how it's cute and when the two of them are cuddling he'll trace stars and circles on it. To be quite honest, it's adorable, the way he's acting. Gelda always teases me, asking if I'd act that way if she were pregnant. I lied, saying I wouldn't (I would, the whole nine yards).

Meliodas came in today, dark circles under his eyes. He seemed tired, not on top of things like he normally is.

"What's the matter with you?" I asked on our break. He laid his head on the table, sighing.

"Elizabeth woke up super early, vomiting. I sat behind her to hold that long hair up. We sat there for hours until I realized that I had to go to work. Mama took over for me, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm running off of 4 hours of sleep." He explained, closing his eyes. I nodded, throwing away the wrapper of the sandwich. I pat his back, grabbing his trash and tossing it out.

"C'mon big guy, you only got thirty minutes left. You only have two broken cups to fix, so better get to it."

He hadn't gotten up. That's when I had realized that he was sleeping. I held back a laugh as I left the room, heading towards Mr. Willburry's office. I knocked on the door, walking inside.

"Hey Pops. Meli is in the back room, fast asleep. Do you think you could take him back home, he had a rough night. I'll cover his shift along with your while your gone." I stated, wiping my hands on my work apron. Mr. Willburry nodded, standing up out of his seat.

"Yeah, sure kid. Go ahead and finish his shift first, then return to yours. If anyone asked for me, tell them I'm out." I nodded, walking away from the office and towards Meliodas's work area. The two cups he had to do were just sitting there, the materials laid out. Meliodas really does have a nack for these things.

I sat down on the stool, picking up the glass-glue. I grabbed the first cup, carefully gluing the pieces together. I picked up the second cup, doing the same as I did the first. I looked at the materials, spotting sandpaper. I peered at a clipboard, reading some directions.

"What the hell is this for..?" I muttered underneath my breath.

2- Sand glue till smooth

"Oh okay.." I mumbled, picking up the sandpaper, sanding down the lines the glue left behind. I sanded until my fingertips bled, but at least the cups were smooth.

I dug through one of Meliodas's drawers, finding a bandage. I wrapped my fingertips, wincing. Huh, this is why Meliodas always needed lotion (you dirty minded people you know what I mean, his skin is dry).

I set the cups off to the side. Meliodas can wash them tomorrow. I stood up, dusting off my hands and walking up to the check out area. A man was looking at umbrellas in the corner, his back towards me. He looked oddly familiar, the spiky hair. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

I waited for the man to finish up, watching as he grabbed some expensive food and materials. I was staring out the window when he walked over, setting the things he got on the counter. I smiled, ringing him up. Bagging his things, I looked up and handed it to him.

"Have a nic-!" I stopped, finally getting a good look at his face. It's him, what was his name...Estarossa? He's the one who-

"Hmm, found you Zeldoris." He mocked, snatching his bag from my hands. I gritted my teeth, clenching my fists. "Y-yeah.."

I mumbled, terrified. He huffed, smirking and walking out of the shop. I held onto the counter, leaning over and pulling the piece of shirt by my chest. It was him, the person who almost killed me. What if he does it again, and I actually die? What would he do to Meliodas, and Gelda? What about Elizabeth or Anne?

I inhaled deeply, gaining control over my breathing. I need to close shop. I told myself.

Walking to the back room, I flipped off the lights. I examined the small shop, flipping off lights and such. The whole time I was paranoid, snapping my head around here and there. Nothing is there, stop being afraid of your shadow.

I took off my apron and hung it on the rack, opening the exit door. I rushed out, closing the door and locking it. Gelda, get home to Gelda. Tell her what happened, she can help..

I sighed, trudging home. What's going to happen?