Nineteen

I pulled the long scarf I had on over my nose. My boots made and echoing click everytime they hit the cobblestone street. The warm breeze felt cold against my ears. They were always sensitive to everything.

The boat, Courtesy. It arrives tomorrow. Unfourtunatly, I'll be at work, a merchant's assistant. I won't be free for a long time, so I'll miss my brother getting off of that big ship, and I won't be able to bring him home to Gelda, or Anesthisa (Anne-es-thee-ja). I think he would adore his neice as much as I do.

Look, I know I'm 15, I turn 16 this year, but we hardly do, or did, anything. Me and Gelda were walking home one day when we heard crying. Turns out it was a little baby girl. Long story short, we adopted the little girl and now she's three. We call her Anne as a nick-name, which means 'grace'. Although her "name" means 'grace', it doesn't mean she is graceful. It's often funny to watch her stumble over her own feet.

I kept trudging down the steep hill, people all around me. I was heading for Mr. Willburry's place. He's my boss. Just like yesterday, I'll walk into the store, say my 'hellos', work my 6 hour shift, then walk back home to our small cabin. It's not the ideal life for anybody who is needy, but o me I have everything I need. I have a beautiful girlfriend that I want to marry someday, an amaing baby girl, and a house to call home. And where did I learn it all from? My older brother.

He taught me evrything I know, from how to cook and clean (well, I taught myself on the cooking behalf), to manners and being a gentleman. He taught me about nature, how to care for others. I remeber whenever I would cathc a small critter he would tell me to put it back. Anytime I asked why, he would tell me these exact words:

"Zelly, listen. Everything has a cycle in this world, and everything here has a key importance to that cycle. If you take that little thing out of it's place, what is it supposed to do? How would it do it's job? See my point? Now go say yout goodbyes."

I would listen regardless. I would always listen no matter what. I would die to hear his voice, one last lesson. I guess I miss him a lot. I mean, who wouldn't? I just need to see him again, let him know that I'm okay (meldris fans in the comments..).

I pushed open the glass doors to Mr. Willburry's shop, setting down the pack I was carrying.

"You here kid?" I heard his scratchy voice call out.

"Yes Mr. Willburry, it's Zeldris!" I replied, unwrapping my scarf and hanging it on the coat rack. I feel like today's going to be long..