Fifty-Seven

A Month Later (cause why not, y'all like juicy your gonna get it)
~~~

"Meliodas, get that tie on!" I nodded, tying it aggressively. Mama left the room, going to help Elizabeth. I wasn't allowed to see her, due to the fact that it was supposed to be bad luck.

I peered in the mirror, checking the suit I had on one last time. Ban walked into the room, ruffling my hair.

"Look at my man on his big day! What are you going to do tonight?" I shrugged, smiling at him and turning around.

"I should be asking my best man that!" I exclaimed, slapping his back. Mama walked into the room, peering over at us.

"Come one! It's time for you to walk down the isle!" She ushered me out of the room and towards the entrance of the church.

"Alright, on my signal okay?" I nodded, taking in a deep breath. Mama pat my back, opening the doors and pushing me down the isle. I walked down it slowly, peering at all of the guests. It wasn't big, or fancy. Just simple enough for the both of us. I peered over to Zeldris, who was standing next to Ban and Harlequin. I looked over to where Gelda would be, followed by Elaine then Diane.

I stepped up to the little platform where a preacher sat with a bible in his hands. I turned around, composing myself before staring at the door. Any moment now, Elizabeth would walk out of them in that white dress we chose.

One month later. Who knew one month could go by so fast. One minute your looking at outfits and the next your walking down the isle in them.

Funny thing actually, Elizabeth turned 18 two weeks ago. Next month I'll be 19. On the 25th to be more exact.

I listened as the piano music started, that familiar song, 'Here Comes the Bride'. The doors opened to reveal Theo, the fast learner to walking, heading down the isle with Mama, throwing flowers. They sat up in the front pew, Theo in Mama Quinn's lap. Next was Anne, followed by Miguel, our ring bearer, and then finally, Elizabeth's mother. She sat down in the front pew, wiping her eyes. I smiled at her, looking back towards the door. My heart pounded with every second that passed. Any moment now, any moment. And that moment, was now.

I watched as the doors were opened, Elizabeth stepping onto the isle, her dress dragging behind her. Margaret and Veronica held her veil as she walked delicately by her father's side. I felt my eyes tear up, but I wiped them quickly. I can save it for later.

Elizabeth's father let go of her arm, nodding to me as he sat down. I nodded back, sort of in a thankful way.

I watched as Elizabeth stepped I front of me, her cheeks red. She seemed nervous, embarrassed even. The preacher stepped forward, opening the Bible he had to a marked page.

"Today we are here to attend the wedding of Meliodas Ire, and Elizabeth Liones. Any objections shall be taken now." My breath quickened as I listened to the quiet church. I was waiting for Elizabeth's father to speak up, but he didn't. No one did. I was so thankful that Zaneri didn't attend, because she would be throwing a fit right now. Hopefully it's not that one cliché scenario where a man who was in love with Elizabeth or a woman who was crushing on me bursting through the church doors yelling 'I object!'. Luckily, everyone stayed silent.

"Okay, no objections. Let's continue on." I stared into Elizabeth's eye/s, wishing I could see both of them. I know that it is a private thing, just I can see them. Still, it would be amazing.

"Meliodas Ire." I nodded slightly, a small smile on my face.

"Repeat after me." I nodded again, listening carefully.

(This gets a bit confusing, but the second line is Meli)

"I, Meliodas Ire."

"I, Meliodas Ire.."

"Take you, Elizabeth Liones."

"Take you, Elizabeth Liones.."

"To be my wife."

"To be my wife.."

"To have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse."

"To have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse.."

"For richer, for poorer, in sickness and health."

"For richer, for poorer, in sickness and health.."

"To love and to cherish."

"To love and to cherish.."

"Till death do us part."

The preacher turned to Elizabeth, doing the exact same thing he did with me.

"I, Elizabeth Liones, take you, Meliodas Ire, to be my husband. To have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, to love and cherish, till death do us part." I waited patiently as she spoke her vows, my smile growing. The preacher sighed, turning to me.

"Do you Meliodas, take Elizabeth to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"Do you Elizabeth, take Meliodas to be your lawfully wedded husband?" She squealed out a small 'I do', her lips curling into a smile. Miguel stepped up towards us, handing me Elizabeth's ring and Elizabeth my ring. I grabbed her left hand, slipping the ring on her finger. She did the same, grabbing my hands. I waited for the preachers go patiently. He closed his bible, setting it on a pew.

"You may now kiss the bride." I raised my eyebrow, pulling Elizabeth towards me. I placed my hand on her waist, leaning down and smashing my lips against hers. She did the same, drowning in the passion. I heard cheers as we pulled away, turning to the crowd. We hurried back down the isle, people following us. We rushed down the church stairs where our horse drawn buggy waited for us. I helped Elizabeth inside, hopping in beside her. We waved to the people crowding around, Elizabeth's mother calling out her name.

"I love you Elizabeth! I'll see you soon!" She called out. Elizabeth nodded, smiling.

"I love you mother!" She called back just as we pulled away. I held onto my wife's hand, kissing the back of it. She smiled, leaning in and kissing my lips.

"I love you Meliodas." She declared, staring into my eyes.

"I love you too, Elizabeth Ire."